Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: 3rd AC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 3rd AC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Lou D

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/21 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going to answer several questions at once. I finally figured out how to add a signature line, hopefull that will show up soon. But in case...it's a 2021 Dutchmen Yukon 42ft 5th wheel with rear living room. We've been full timing for 6 years now, have survived 2 winters in a rig in MT, but haven't had to deal with a TX summer until now. We can't go North as we came to Houston to get cancer treatments for my wife. We have 2 oscilatting fans going, and a Dyson fan in addition to the two AC's. The park we're in temporarily here in Houston has zero mature trees, our next destination in the RGV has one mature tree that will be on the south side of our rig. We're considering the screen material that we've seen people have attached over their windows on the outside (snaps on). Because we're from Montana, we LOVE the outdoors, have considered using "reflective" but you can't see out and it's not recommended for our windows (don't know why, just what the product says). We are wired for a 3rd AC and there is a ceiling vent (that we can't reach anyway) that it would replace. I did put vent covers over the 3 ceiling vents.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/21 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lou D wrote:

Going to answer several questions at once. I finally figured out how to add a signature line, hopefull that will show up soon. But in case...it's a 2021 Dutchmen Yukon 42ft 5th wheel with rear living room. We've been full timing for 6 years now, have survived 2 winters in a rig in MT, but haven't had to deal with a TX summer until now. We can't go North as we came to Houston to get cancer treatments for my wife. We have 2 oscilatting fans going, and a Dyson fan in addition to the two AC's. The park we're in temporarily here in Houston has zero mature trees, our next destination in the RGV has one mature tree that will be on the south side of our rig. We're considering the screen material that we've seen people have attached over their windows on the outside (snaps on). Because we're from Montana, we LOVE the outdoors, have considered using "reflective" but you can't see out and it's not recommended for our windows (don't know why, just what the product says). We are wired for a 3rd AC and there is a ceiling vent (that we can't reach anyway) that it would replace. I did put vent covers over the 3 ceiling vents.

IF your coach IS wired for the 3rd AC, can we ASSUME it is 50 amp service?? If so, drop in the 3rd AC and be done with it

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/21 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

have you pulled the inside covers off your AC to see if the ducts are blocked or if some of the cold air is mixing with the hot air. I just saw some videos today on airflow systems ( pretty sure that was the name). Maybe something like that product will help. I saw some videos on youtube about them.

Lou D

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/21 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have pulled inside covers off both AC units. In fact the one that's midway through the rig (supposed to be for the main living area seems to blow more air to the bathroom/bedroom area than the living area. Had an RV Tech check and he said at the farthes AC vent in the living area, it reads to specs. I have trouble with that as you can hardly feel a thing coming out of them. But, I want to say thanks for all the suggestions. Guess I'll do a cost comparison of 90% blockage with screens on outside, and having another AC added.

GMH

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

have you pulled the inside covers off your AC to see if the ducts are blocked or if some of the cold air is mixing with the hot air. I just saw some videos today on airflow systems ( pretty sure that was the name). Maybe something like that product will help. I saw some videos on youtube about them.

That’s the first thing to do. Make sure the two you have are working efficiently. I re-taped the inlets and the divider. I also added a small scoop to direct the air into the long duct to the bedroom. Also block off the duct just past the last diffuser on each run. It made a huge difference!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 3rd AC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.