cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agm charging capability in 2016 Af 811SB?

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
My batteries are dead and I cant move the slide to check what charging system I have. I want to replace the lead acid with AGM but need to be sure I can charge them before buying. I almost positive this year/model uses a progressive dynamics PD9200 which can do AGM.

Can anyone confirm if this is the right charger in the 2016 AF 811SB and if that year also had the AGM charging capability?

https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd9200-converter/

THANKS!
------------------------------------------------
2015 All Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 CC Duramax
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB
6 REPLIES 6

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I’m not near shore power and do not have access to jump from truck. It’s in storage. Sounds like I’ll be fine so I’ll buy the batteries and replace. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------
2015 All Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 CC Duramax
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
AGM is a lead acid battery so it will function exactly the same with your factory charger. AGM = Absorbent Glass Mat, so the acid is just held in basically a sponge versus being in a liquid state like a regular wet cell lead acid.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used an old exide small battery charger on lead acid and deep cycle bats with no problems. Had two settings for deep cycle, regular and two settings for 2 AMP and 10 AMP. Very small and handy. I still have it.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2016 AF has AGM’s and charges just fine.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Even with no battery you should have power from converter if you plug into shore power
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Bedlam
Run jumper cables between your truck and camper batteries to get the slide or jacks to move.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD