cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin gps / used with good Sam trip planner

Kyedog
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using good Sam trip planner for years. Five years ago when I hit the road Good Sam put its name on a Rand McNally gps to go with their software. The combination worked great for me. I had trips in trip planner with 27 stops. Then they decided to change their trip planner software and pair it up to a Garmin gps. I like the software enough that I am about to buy a Garmin GPS

My question is anyone using this software and if you are which Garmin gps are you using.
5 REPLIES 5

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kyedog wrote:
I have been using good Sam trip planner for years. Five years ago when I hit the road Good Sam put its name on a Rand McNally gps to go with their software. The combination worked great for me. I had trips in trip planner with 27 stops. Then they decided to change their trip planner software and pair it up to a Garmin gps. I like the software enough that I am about to buy a Garmin GPS

My question is anyone using this software and if you are which Garmin gps are you using.

I hope someone finds how to do this as I also would be in line to buy a GPS that would take the GS trip planner info. Right now, I print it off, then manually enter it into my indash gps.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

cowolter
Explorer
Explorer
So I just Change from good Sam trip planner to the RV trip wizard planner. It has made my life so much easier.

1. Driving limits:You can ask it to allow you to drive a certain number of miles or certain number of hours per day. The circles of driving distance let you know when to start looking for a stop. Does same for fuel based on your rig fuel efficiency. This feature is super helpful

2. Export Trip. It exports to excel, email, and outlook. Calendar. I did all that manually. Amazing!!
In excel tells all comments and costs as well as longitude and latitude.

3. Calculates and totals cost adds park cost and fuel cost per leg and entire Trip.

4. Letโ€™s you filter campgrounds that show up along route. Awesome time saver.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I also can't get the trip planner to pair a trip to my 760. GS acts like it's as easy as falling off a log to work with a Garmin

leafnest
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a huge fan of Garmin. Take a look at garmin foretrex 401 review military. It's very well built, rugged, waterproof. Highly recommend that watch.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
We use a Garmin 770 and also like the GS trip planner. So far, I have had no joy trying to get the trip planner info onto the gps. Maybe someone will come along and have the missing piece to the puzzle. Unfortunately, the trip planner cannot recognize dirt roads and a route that I have planned for an upcoming trip runs me up an 11% grade dirt road with no room for error on the no guardrail switchbacks. The 100 mile trip will now be a little over 250 miles to go around that part of the road. Other than that glitch, the planner is very nice.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member