Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: Vax Passports
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vax Passports

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/21 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VE3ESN wrote:

Unlike British Columbia and Quebec, Ontario for some reason is reluctant to issue vaccine passports and appears to be waiting for federal government action. This probably won't happen during the midst of a federal election.[emoticon]

HERE is a link to a site that allows you to print out your vaccination status. It's the only option right now for Ontario. It pales in comparison to the official document and/or mobile phone app approach used in BC and QC.

Why do you want another goverment issued scanable "passport"

What is wrong with producing a physical record of your status to the person at the door?

VE3ESN

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/21 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

Unlike British Columbia and Quebec, Ontario for some reason is reluctant to issue vaccine passports and appears to be waiting for federal government action. This probably won't happen during the midst of a federal election.[emoticon]

HERE is a link to a site that allows you to print out your vaccination status. It's the only option right now for Ontario. It pales in comparison to the official document and/or mobile phone app approach used in BC and QC.

What is wrong with producing a physical record of your status to the person at the door?

It prints on a 8-1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper. Problems:
1. Cumbersome to carry (especially for a male)
2. Easily forged.

I guess I'm hoping (wishfully thinking?) for an official government document that can't be replicated. Why not? We have driver's licenses, provincial health insurance cards, etc. Covid is probably gonna be around for a long time, so IMHO, governments need to act ASAP.

Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/21 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some off topic posts including reference responses have been deleted. Please stay on the Vax Passports topic.

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/21 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VE3ESN wrote:

noteven wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

2. Easily forged.

I guess I'm hoping (wishfully thinking?) for an official government document that can't be replicated. Why not? We have driver's licenses, provincial health insurance cards, etc. Covid is probably gonna be around for a long time, so IMHO, governments need to act ASAP.

We will get them, they are coming. Doug see's the writing on the wall but is trying to keep his head down during the Federal Election.

It's weird but depending on where I go I have to show government ID to prove I'm old enough to have a beer. Nobody complains about that except those under the age of majority.

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/21 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Covid Vaccine Certificates already in place in 17 European countries:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-trav........uropeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/21 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shum02 wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

noteven wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

2. Easily forged.

We will get them, they are coming. Doug see's the writing on the wall but is trying to keep his head down during the Federal Election.

It's weird but depending on where I go I have to show government ID to prove I'm old enough to have a beer. Nobody complains about that except those under the age of majority.

You have to have an ID for every thing in the world . EXCEPT voting.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/21 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

shum02 wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

noteven wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

2. Easily forged.

You have to have an ID for every thing in the world . EXCEPT voting.

Canada required ID or some kind of proof of citizenship. It's pretty easy here to have ID.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/21 04:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

The vaccinated are much less likely to catch covid. So if everyone is vaxxed those with compromised immune systems are much safer.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/21 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

The vaccinated are much less likely to catch covid. So if everyone is vaxxed those with compromised immune systems are much safer.

Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.

FWC

The Wilderness

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/21 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.

That is completely untrue and not at all what the CDC says. While vaccinated people could still catch COVID and transmit it, a vaccinated person is both significantly less likely to catch COVID and significantly less likely to transmit it to another individual. A vaccinated person is also dramatically less likely to end up with sever COVID and therefore consume medical resources. In no scenarios does a vaccine eliminate all risks associated with COVID, vaccines are about reducing risks, not eliminating them.

Here is the current CDC science brief about vaccinated individuals.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vax Passports
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.