cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dually swing out Jack not locking into position?

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
Once the tc is sitting on the truck and the dually swing out jacks are no longer supporting the weight they should fold in and lock close in and parallel to the bed of the truck. To release them to swing out again involves pushing a spring bolt on the bottom of the hinge. Just recently one of mine stopped clicking into the locked position when pivoting it inward, as before. Do I need to loosen or tighten the spring bolt? Or what do I need to do to keep it from flopping around and hitting the truck when driving?
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs
5 REPLIES 5

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
WD40 will ge gone in a couple of weeks. If you have it apart, clean it up and grease it with some heavy grease.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

rutzbeck
Explorer
Explorer
Mine do that. I just push down on the top and then wiggle the jack at the same time and it works into place. I was told once to pull the pin and scrub it with brake fluid getting off the rust. I then lubed it with WD 40. That worked but it started doing it again in a couple of months and found the wiggling worked fine, so I have just stayed with that.

tlowe43q
Explorer
Explorer
I found one of my pins very slightly bent โ€ฆ impact damage? I removed the pin and lightly filed and used crocus cloth to improve the fit. Thereby, I avoided needing to tap the pin up & down into lock.

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
I'll try that, thanks.
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, had the same Problem-O.

They stick.
There's a brass? pin at the top that catches in the slot.
I have to tap them to open and close. The spring at the bottom sticks too..
Tried to lube it but didn't do much...
I just carry around a rubber mallet on each side to tap it..

Hope that helps...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website