cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Bag issue

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I have a huge problem I had a rear air bag fail to inflate and hold air, I ordered new rear bags but they won't be shipped now until Sept. 30th and my rig is broke down in South Dakota and I am in Colorado, so far the place I was at in SD has let me keep it there till the parts come in well they were suppose to be here today (**** Covid). Is there any way to inflate the bag and keep it that way so I can bring it home? Or am I screwed. If not I have to drive up there and winterize it too.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD
13 REPLIES 13

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i have actually done this. My coach weighs 53K, significantly more than the Forza. I lost an innner drive tire which took out an airbag and the height control valve. My rig sits on the tires if the air bag is not inflated so i could not be towed. I was on the side of I 40 and had to get the coach to a safe place.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You stated NEW bags on backorder. Is your problem the one air bag will accept air but has a hole? What did the Service Center diagnosis the problem as? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MountainAir05 wrote:
Colo Native wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
Since you did not list the make or model/year its impossible to help you. If the bag will not hold air, no you can not inflate it. You do not have to get it ready for winter yet. I assume you check or had it checked and the bag was the issue, not a valve or air line/connector.

It's in the sig
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T

Thank you. I do not see a signature on my view.

Can you not access his "View Profile" ? That has his sig. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Colo Native wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
Since you did not list the make or model/year its impossible to help you. If the bag will not hold air, no you can not inflate it. You do not have to get it ready for winter yet. I assume you check or had it checked and the bag was the issue, not a valve or air line/connector.

It's in the sig
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T

Thank you. I do not see a signature on my view.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Bikeboy57 wrote:
If it is indeed an airbag, you can raise the coach with a bottle jack, and make wood inserts to put into the suspension. The weight should go across the grain. Use treated lumber. Disconnect and plug the airline to the height control valve. If the coach has a tag, it will need support also. It will ride like a wagon, it will get you out of SD.

Have you actually done this?? There is no height control valve that I am aware of.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
crawford wrote:
See our large selection of New & Used RVs at ColawRV.com

Try these people big company

No air bags
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:

It's in the sig
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
See our large selection of New & Used RVs at ColawRV.com

Try these people big company
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
If it is indeed an airbag, you can raise the coach with a bottle jack, and make wood inserts to put into the suspension. The weight should go across the grain. Use treated lumber. Disconnect and plug the airline to the height control valve. If the coach has a tag, it will need support also. It will ride like a wagon, it will get you out of SD.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
We have no idea what part is leaking.

Is it the actual air bag itself? Unusual at that young age unless damaged by road hazard, etc.

The air fitting to it?

The ride height valve?

Other?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Why not just call a local Firestone shop and see what they have available?

There is a nationwide shortage.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not just call a local Firestone shop and see what they have available?