cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airbags and Compressor and Tank

blaczero
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a way (I cannot be the first person) to have a compressor that airs up my airbags and also has a port to plug a hose into for airing up my tires.

I get the concept of having a nice compressor and tank attached to my frame, but what controller would I put in between the tank and the bags?
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
There are pneumatic control panels if you have the air source available (ie your onboard air system), for about $200 Firestone makes them. If you want in cab airbag control.
That's about the simplest and cheapest unless you pieced one together.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
First item to fail on an air bag system is the pump. I use a bicycle pump. Easy, quick, replaceable.

That was helpful....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Anything goes as far as a valve and gauges. I ran a tube from the tank to the back of the truck so I can connect a hose for tires. Craig

2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Explorer II
Explorer II
This Guy did a real clean install on his TC. Maybe you can get some ideas from this. I like how he located his air intake and hose QD in the cab.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
There are onboard air systems for exactly what you're wanting to do.

Example
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
A simple manual on/off valve.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
First item to fail on an air bag system is the pump. I use a bicycle pump. Easy, quick, replaceable.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad