cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Ford Chatteau 22e pricing..........

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Found a one-owner 2016 22e with 10,900 miles in virtually new condition with V10 engine. Everything works, Onan 4000 with 133 hours, corner bed, circular dining, and only used on weekends by retired minister. Asking $45k and settled on $40k since it has original tires. Top to bottom saw nothing wrong anywhere. Have NOT purchased it just looking for more info. Found same model with equal mileage listed at $69,950!!!
Just curious what the "thinkers" have to say!! Let me have it (haha....I know how this board can be sometimes). Thanks for feedback!!
8 REPLIES 8

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Owner has documented two oil changes in 10k miles, so, couldn't ask for better maintenance unless you're overly cautious like me and change it every 2000 miles! Thanks again for all the info folks.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
With an RV of that age with such low miles it's not a bad idea when you get home to pull the valve covers and make sure all the cam follower rollers are free. That RV may have only had one oil change in it's life. Follow these forums long enough and you'll see the complaints about low mileage V10s blowing up. Without regular oil changes (with at least synthetic blend) those little rollers (which run steel on steel bearing surface) will develop burrs on their shafts. When that happens, the roller stops turning. The engine will still run until the roller and cam develop enough traction to "spit" the follower out of position, usually jamming a valve open, destroying the engine. Without this low mileage nightmare, V10s are +250K mile motors.

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the replies! Yes, inspections are vital and know my way around a vehicle well so will be checking every single cabinet/beneath beds/roof/undercarriage/etc for anything odd/wet! Seller already knows we're buying subject to this inspection. My cousin is purchasing since he just retired and wants to do some traveling, so trying to do the best job for him. Price wise, I know it's a bargain price if everything holds up to my flashlight and 2 hours of thorough testing. I still love my 2004 E450 4x4 which is holding up quite well for such an old unit. Lastly, many of these 22e's have the V8 engine....quite glad this one has the almost bullet-proof V10 which I also have in my rig...love the V10!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good, HOWEVER, are you sure you want to wait until 2 pm Sunday to meet with the seller? If it's the lowest priced one in the nation, and in that good of condition, you know you're not the only one nosing around it. Just a thought.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a great buy! I'm guessing from your forum name you're in the real estate business? If that's the case you know the value of a home inspection. An RV is no different. Even with low miles a five year old RV can have hidden damage or problems. I would never spend that much, great deal or not, on a used RV without springing for a professional inspection. Many years ago I bought a 3 year old class C with less than 7000 miles on it, and it ended up having several problems, including water damage. The problems were all fixable, but buyer beware!
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
With the discount for new tires, I say proceed!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Bob! Meeting owner at 2pm on Sunday to run all systems and road test. Quite impressed with condition/mileage. The appraiser in me searched for comparable units and this is the lowest priced unit nationwide. He only put it on Facebook today. I'm quite familiar with RV's so hoping nothing pops up unexpectedly during my inspection. Appreciate the feedback from you as always!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds ballpark to me in todays market.
As long as the floor plan is what you want , i would give a thumbs up.