cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got a foggy window? I know a repair shop.(LONG)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
If you are living in or visiting Southern California and need a dual glazed window repaired or replaced, I know a good shop in Riverside. I had to drive almost 300 miles round trip to get my window replaced and I would do it again to have "New View Auto Glass" work on my RV's windows. We bought the Winnie third hand and even though I knew all the things to look for I missed that the the three piece window on the passenger side was royally screwed up.

The guy we bought it from told us that he had the foggy window replaced and unfortunately I didn't have it inspected. Now several years latter after many patch jobs which included having Boss Glass from Phoenix replace the glass one January at "Q", the window was not watertite and the only patch that had worked was Duct Tape.

I have contacted several glazers but none could fix it or seal it up. RV glass shops for whatever reason don't respond to inquiries and finally, in desperation I contacted New View. We were also having problems with the latch on the slider section.

I set up an appointment and drove 150 miles +/- to see if they could fix it. I was treated respectfully by them and the owner Tim and his crew of three swarmed in and did their magic.

At first it seemed that once again the "Pros" didn't listen to me and I don't think they fully understood that the window tucked under a corner of the front cap until they got all the gunk cleaned off and tried to reinstall the window and it wouldn't seat against the side of the rig. They, with my approval, removed a 3/8" square corner of the front cap and the window fit perfectly. They reset the glass in the slider section in it's own frame and now the lock works easily.

I was given three options for repair, repair the existing dual glazed section, replace it or have insulating bonded glass installed instead of dual glazed glass. I chose the bonded glass. When I left that afternoon, the frame fit snugly in the side of the rig, there were no obvious signs of the other repairs, all the sealant had been removed, even the glass that was not replaced looked brand new and I have a three year or so warranty. The price they quoted me was exactly what I was charged even though they had a little extra work to do.

They were great to work with and they were the only ones who were at all concerned wiht my being truly satisfied and went over everything two or three times to make sure I was happy.

I am and highly Recommend them. Their phone number is 714-890-1347.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
1 REPLY 1

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We had several of ours repaired in Mesa, Arizona! Pretty simple, fast repair (with the proper tools and knowledge). Ours were done in the campground we stayed at! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl