Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: No shore power. 33c Sunova
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No shore power. 33c Sunova

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
bfacklam

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just got home from a great 2 month vacation. We took our pickup camper on the Alaska ferry to five ports. Great trip. The problem is, when I got home our 2016 33c Sunova is dead. It was plugged in all the time, but both coach batteries and engine batteries are dead and we have no shore power. Usually when I plug the rv in and turn on the breaker, I hear a clicking noise signaling that I have shore power. Today no click and no shore power. I have checked all breakers I can think of in the coach, but no power. I flipped all the breakers by the door, switched the inverter off and on. Checked the gfi outlets, but no power. Is there any master switch that could of been flipped while it was plugged in all summer. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First get a portable charger on the batteries as dead batteries have a shorter life. Have you checked that there is power at the house plug? If OK then if you have the skill/knowledge to be safe check the voltage at the RV house panel.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have generator capability, the transfer switch that senses where the power is coming from, Genny or shore may not be working. Or since you were always plugged in to shore power, you converter is dead, not charging the batteries.
The click indicates a transfer switch. engaging.

* This post was last edited 08/29/21 09:02pm by SDcampowneroperator *   View edit history

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the shore power receptacle good? Pedestal or source could have issues.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/21 05:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After you get the chassis battery charged or jumped, see if you have power with the generator. That will narrow it down. Also check the breaker that controls your power plug at home i have had ours trip from time to time..

George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

bfacklam

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/21 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all advice. I did check my wall outlet and it does have full power. I used my battery charger and was able overnight to bring the chasis battery to full power and start the Sunova This gave a charge to the coach batteries. Used your advice and started generator. It made that clicking sound and the microwave came on so I now have electrical power. So is the transfer box the problem as to why I don't have shore power. I'll run the generator for a while to get all the batteries back to full charge. What do I check next. Thanks

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/21 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like transfer switch, but might just be the wire contacts are loose. If not loose, probably new transfer switch time.

bfacklam

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/21 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks again

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Peridiocally charge each bank overnight with the portabe charger as required. It takes many gen hours to fully charge the batteries. Could be the transfer switch but it could be adapters, plugs or wiring. A voltmeter is your friend...

Is the RV 30A or 50A and what is the house plug?

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not expect the ATS to click on both gen and shore power as normally the relays are closed and remain closed with shore power so no noise. Do you have a EMS (energy management system) which also has relays?

BTW How long before you found the dead batteries? With everything turned off should be good for a month.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No shore power. 33c Sunova
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.