cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nissan versa flat towing

johnmawake
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any knowledge if Nissan Versa can be flat towed?
6 REPLIES 6

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer is being a bit cagey about the warranty. Things you do to a car don't void the warranty, though if you damage something by doing stuff outside what the manufacturer approves/recommends (or, for that matter, if third-party parts/upgrades cause damage), coverage for that damage may be properly denied. It's theoretically up to the manufacturer to show that the problem was caused by what you did/installed rather than by a defect in their materials or manufacturing. In the case of flat towing, I suppose it would be pretty easy for them to say with appropriate authority that a transmission failure was caused by that if they don't permit it per the owner's manual.

The net effect may be similar, in that you're on the hook to fix the problem on your own dime, but the warranty is not technically voided in any legal sense of the word.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When i was researching the Nissan Versa , i decided against the Versa.
I copied this from another rv post. Vehicle Warranty comes into play even with the manual trans.

โ€œThis is the reply I received from my Nissan dealer

Nissan does not make a vehicle that they recommend for flat towing, even the Manual Trans Versa. You technically COULD flat tow the vehicle but it does void part of the transmission warranty.

Thank You,

Mason Day
Your Friend in the Car Business

Pearson Nissan of Ocala
2060 SW College Road Ocala, FL 34471 โ€œ

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at a 2020 Nissan Versa... manual transmission on that one could be flat towed.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturer information is the only sure bet.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Y-Guy
I looked up a 2021 Versa Sedan Owner Manual it appears at quick glance that the Versa is flat towable with two warnings; don't flat tow a front wheel drive vehicle and don't flat tow with a CVT transmission. I think this leaves having a Manual Transmission for flat towing purposes.

You need to check the actual Owners Manual that came with the vehicle the one I checked is generic.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What year? Manual or automatic???
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/