cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class c cover

Silas_Carpy
Explorer
Explorer
First winter with rv, looking at covers. Any recommendations.? Is Sunbrella worth the big bucks? 09 fleetwood class c 25 ft. Upstate N.Y., cold, wind, snow. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
pianotuna wrote:
When is the last time you saw an RV dealership that covered there stock in the winter?

Covers are awkward, expensive and may cause more harm.

Whenโ€™s the last time you saw a RV dealer care about the condition of their RVs 10 years later. Or 20? Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP, I just compared Empire and Adco covers and the Adco SFS Aquashed seems to me best bang for the buck.
Heavy snow areas, I like a plastic tarp over the cover. Makes pulling snow off real easy and that keeps big icicles from building up on the fabric from 2โ€™ of slowly melting snow.

Donโ€™t believe that it will be โ€œfineโ€ without a cover. I mean, yeah itโ€™s not going to fall apart next year or 5 or 10 years even, likely. But some peopleโ€™s eyesight isnโ€™t so good, just as some folksโ€™ description of โ€œlooks greatโ€ isnโ€™t so good either.

cowolter
Explorer
Explorer
Huh?
I haven't seen a relatively sound RV with exposed batteries...

I've seen many times
https://imgur.com/OC4s0Rs

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
cowolter wrote:
Plenty of RVs never have covers on them. The batteries, however, I would worry about damage from road debris and the slim possibility of a short circuit or someone dicking with the wiring. Look into modifying the current battery rack to accept boxes. If not, I would try to cover the batteries with something like a rubber floor mat held on with bungie cords

Huh?
I haven't seen a relatively sound RV with exposed batteries...

cowolter
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of RVs never have covers on them. The batteries, however, I would worry about damage from road debris and the slim possibility of a short circuit or someone dicking with the wiring. Look into modifying the current battery rack to accept boxes. If not, I would try to cover the batteries with something like a rubber floor mat held on with bungie cords
budget planner

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
For Batteries. Charge fully, then disconnect and leave them in place. -or- add a modest solar panel system, and again leave them in place.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The small motorhome in my signature stays home all winter. I put a fabric rv cover over it and then cover the roof and the top 3rd of the sides with a tarp. Not taking any chances of having a seam crack and having a roof leak. Everything is cinched down tight and nothing has chafed from wind in the three winters that we have had it.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, no cover. If there is wind, the cover will beat the finish off of the coach. Best to winterize, take the batteries out and let it sit

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
When is the last time you saw an RV dealership that covered there stock in the winter?

Covers are awkward, expensive and may cause more harm.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.