Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monaco Dynasty jack issue

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I have a 2015 Monaco Dynasty and I'm having a problem with the jacks.
When it sits leveled overnight, the jacks come up about an inch and then quit, and the controller says "fault". I have figured out that if I let the motor run on high idle for about 20 minutes I can reset the jacks and they will come up. I suspect its a low voltage issue. I called Monaco and they confirmed that the jacks run off the chassis batteries which are brand new.

Thoughts?
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
10 REPLIES 10

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
C20 wrote:
Mountainair,
The battery voltage gauge says 12.5 volts

of the several motorhomes we have own, most of the gauges are just that gauges. They are no where right for voltage, oil level , temp and so on. They are just indicators. You need a Volt meter as Doug and I have stated.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Valid is the JACK control system. The Jacks should be HWH. Valid is a Air/Hydraulic option control system for hi line Motorhomes with air bags and HYD jacks. Valid also makes controls for hi line Air BAG ONLY leveling and driving systems. Odds are the battery heavy cable for the HYD pump are not secure or corroded/loose connections. I don't like to hear "I just replaced the batteries a few months ago". WHO CARES? They could still be either bad or you have let them discharge to a too low rate or your Inverter/Charger is not doing its job to keep the batteries up. Use that link the other poster posted for how to gauge battery state from the battery voltage. ALWAYS use a handheld Multi-tester to take measurements. Do NOT rely on the onboard volt meters. Verify the battery cable connections at the HYD pump are secure and not loose. Same at the Batteries themselves. Doug

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Gene
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
C20 wrote:
Mountainair,
That should be close to 80/90 % charge. Would be better at 96+ but you also have to ensure meters are good also. If you have a good volt meter use it also.

Here is a link on the cell voltage. You should do this the next time you are having the issue along with a battery voltage check from the post at the battery. It will show if you have a bad cell. Or you can use a hydrometer battery tester. Post the reading. You should be able to test this at home just by running out the slides and using the jacks, say one time and see if it shows up. Then two etc.

volts

Gene

C20
Explorer
Explorer
The jack control pad says valid manufacturing.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Mountainair,
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug. We put new house batteries in last fall. They were bad and replaced again with new ones in June.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
From the 2015 Dynasty owners manual. The SAME pump and assbly operates the HYD slide rooms and the Leveling Jacks and this states the pump is connected to the COACH batteries. Doug

If the slide room does not operate, the house
batteries may be discharged or a safety feature
may be engaged to prevent room operation.
If the slideout does not respond from
switch, check the following requirements:
Engine is off.
Park brake is applied.
Confirm house batteries are charged.
House battery disconnect switch is on.
Lock bar is removed.
Jacks are retracted (if applicable) with
the motorhome supported by the air
suspension (air springs)

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a battery voltage when happens. Just because they are new doesn't they are good. Take a battery voltage level now off the post to have as a base. Do you know how to measure cell voltage?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You state the chassis batteries are NEW. How New? Running the engine for 20 minutes puts a larger charge on the batteries to get the 12 volt power to run the Pump for the Jacks. You don't state what brand jacks, but to have enough battery power to retract usually means you have Power EXTEND and Power Retract. It requires the HYD pump to run for both. If you are indeed positive the batteries are fully charged and you have this problem, then you need to check the 12 volt positive battery cable from the HYD pump to its battery connection source. The negative or ground is usually the pump bracket mount bolts where it is bolted to the chassis frame. I would also when you have the problem, engage the Boost Start switch and hold it down and then attempt to retract the jacks. IF THEY OPERATE, then Monaco is wrong and your HYD pump is connected to the coach Batteries. Doug