cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand Trails Camping Pass?

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back into a Moho and now that we're both retired it's time to start traveling. Will be doing a BLM pass for sure. Does anyone have a camping pass from TT? How do you like it, or dislike it. We had RPI 15 years ago and it really wasn't very good IMO.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP
8 REPLIES 8

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
Will be doing a BLM pass for sure.

What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?

I was told last time we were in Quartzite that you can buy a 9 month pass, rather than paying as you go.

Now I'm even more confused. Pay to camp on BLM land?

I've never paid and don't know who I would pay. I pull off the road, find a spot, hum a few bars of Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" and camp for free.

Maybe I misunderstood, but not all BLM land is free to camp on.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
We have a free 1 year membership that we got with our MH purchase and it came with the upgrade to stay in the Encore parks. Our first visit will be to an Encore park in Punta Gorda, FL 9/25-10/3. Will report back.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

dedmiston
mountainkowboy wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:

What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?

I was told last time we were in Quartzite that you can buy a 9 month pass, rather than paying as you go.

Now I'm even more confused. Pay to camp on BLM land?

I've never paid and don't know who I would pay. I pull off the road, find a spot, hum a few bars of Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" and camp for free.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Hey guys......good to see you back!
TT, especially in Oregon and Washington, is great. While we haven't been to the Washington Parks, I always hear good things about them. The Oregon Parks on the coast particularly Whalers Rest, Seaside and I like Pacific City too.....are all nice.

All I can say is we have been Happy with Thousand Trails for over 10-15 years now. Good luck with your new adventures!
Dwight

Won't really be able to "get out" till after the first of the year....but we're soooooo ready
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:

What's a BLM pass?

2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

dedmiston
mountainkowboy wrote:

What's a BLM pass?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a TT membership but alas am no longer using it.
Now... When I got it an for many years after I liked it. This is the basic TT membeship 2 weeks in one out. only TT Parks (Not TT-Atlantic) and most of the parks had very nice managers who were doing a fantastic job with far too few resources (They are improving the parks but it's going slow) ... The only "Complaint" is most parks are old and old parks tend to be a bit anemic electrically. but they are working on that too.

However two of the park I visited most got new managers one of whom is "neutral" (I neither like nor dislike) and another of which.. Well ... I don't like.. Part of this is personal (Should not bother you)

If you want I can get you the campresale@aol.com has memberships for resale.

Not sure of her phone number
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys......good to see you back!
TT, especially in Oregon and Washington, is great. While we haven't been to the Washington Parks, I always hear good things about them. The Oregon Parks on the coast particularly Whalers Rest, Seaside and I like Pacific City too.....are all nice.

All I can say is we have been Happy with Thousand Trails for over 10-15 years now. Good luck with your new adventures!
Dwight
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)