cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wanted - Fresh Water Hose for "Olds"

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for fresh water hose with feature for couple getting on in years and going down in strength.

Want water hose, don't care what color, that has a "grip" on both ends. "Grip" being an easy-to-grasp assistant for tightening the connections. There are lots available with a "grip" on the female end but haven't been able to find one with "grip" on both ends. Closest I've seen so far (not bought) is one with hex ends for a wrench but that's not what I want.
13 REPLIES 13

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! Got a Giraffe to try out our next trip, looks like it will work for us.

FWIW, tried two different couplers, still too difficult for our aging hands.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I leave THIS on my male end and hold onto it while connecting to the camper. My female end already has a large grip on it.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
You could get the hose with the large-grip female end, and on the male end you can add a shutoff valve. Once you've screwed it tight to the hose one time with a wrench, the valve handle will give you plenty of purchase for turning by hand from then on.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I use Flexzilla hoses and solid brass QD's that use an O-ring seal instead of the cheaper aluminum or plastic QD's that depend on a non-standard hose washer for their seal. The combination works well with my 78 year old arthritic hands. The only thing I screw on is the pressure regulator that has a large easy to grip plastic collar on the faucet end.

Garden Hose Quick Connectors, Solid Brass 3/4 inch GHT
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Was going to suggest quick couplers.

the best easiest solution.
bumpy

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
This one looks pretty good.

We own one of these. Best hose we've ever owned, and definitely not overpriced. We bought ours through Home Depot. At the time they had the best price and free shipping as well.

OOPS!!! Attached it to the wrong post. We have the FLEXILLA hose
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I have a brass elbow on my motorhome city water intake connection. Like this brass elbow.

Then I just hold the hose still with one hand and turn the brass elbow end with the grips to tighten onto the hose. Works great for me. I have used quick connects in the past, but I actually find that disconnecting is a little hard for me.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

mlpeloquin
Explorer
Explorer
I use Greenleaf garden hose couplers. They do not leak and used several years now. Tractor supply has the best prices.
Greenleaf - Tractor Supply

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am with Grit Dog on this one. Being an "old" with one pretty much useless left hand I have equipped all my hoses and other parts with Quick Connectors

The only thing I have to connect that requires screwing to the hose bib is my Pressure Regulator which has a large grip on the end,everything from there on has quick connects,pressure regulator,water filter,then hose to RV all equipped with quick connects at both ends.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Was going to suggest quick couplers.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
This one looks pretty good.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like the Flexilla and get some quick connects. Then the only fitting you have to deal with is the one to the campground faucet.

Hose
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I found using good quality disconnects work better. Install connectors with wrench once.
Edit: I use brass quick connects.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker