cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane gas lines that screw to the Tanks...

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
It only takes a few years and those 2 gas lines that go to the 5 gallon tanks always get so stubborn hard. Aren't there any good quality ones anyone has found perhaps? It like they eventually might break getting so brittle.

I do not like things made low quality, could break open someday. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
covered wagon wrote:
this second set turned stubborn hard in a few years not in the sun.

Are you LP tanks out in the open in direct sunlight?

Mine are also inside a closed compartment with a tray that pulls out.

Got them filled today ready for fall camping. Camping season starts real soon.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have also had problems with the pigtails. The first set hardened and in the cold especially I thought they were going to crack. They were about 5-6 years old at the time. After a few more years I had issues with one of the pigtails. I believe there is a safety shutoff that stopped working and jammed closed. The neoprene was also getting hard so I replaced both pigtails a second time.

Mine are in a closed compartment and not exposed to sun light.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
covered wagon wrote:
this second set turned stubborn hard in a few years not in the sun.

Are you LP tanks out in the open in direct sunlight?
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Good tips thank you all. I'm on my second set with this rig including the regulator, bought new in 03, this second set turned stubborn hard in a few years not in the sun.

HMS Beagle, I will look into that.

JoeChiOhkie, thank you also.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
If you are concerned about the plastic nut, get some hoses with the older style external (left handed) thread. These are all brass.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine are fine as well on my Host. They are 15 years old. I have no idea what brand they are. They are a green color.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

specta
Explorer
Explorer
The LP hoses on my 1996 Layton TT are original and I really don't see any issues with them. Mainly because they are not exposed to direct sunlight.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I think the stainless wrapped ones last a bit longer. But that just could be that the squirles dont chew on them.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
There used to be a BBQ place on 82nd that custom made them, hometown hearth and grill, not sure if they're still around.

My current ones are valtera brand off Amazon, but they haven't seen really any active service as of yet, so not sure how long the rubber will last.

The hometown ones have been out in the weather since 2013 and still going strong.

Last time I went there they had separated from hometown and were an independent
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL