cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are you going to spend the winter?

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
The new Farmers Almanac predicts a cold cold cold winter for most of the North

https://www.almanac.com/winter-extended-forecast-farmers-almanac

Roads are in the best shape I have seen in 20 years. Lot of new asphalt everywhere. Lots of new gas stations too.

Hurry up and drive south before new restrictions are enforced.

See y'all soon 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

Talleyho69
Playa Boy is driving from Nogales to Puerto Vallarta towing a trailer. The roads are in bad condition due to hurricane Nora that ran pretty much from Colima into the US last week.

The first comment was written before he headed back south two days ago, and just before Nora ran through and destroyed things.

The second comment was written today, while he is on the road and experiencing the damage from Nora.

It will get a lot worse as he travels further south to Puerto Vallarta. Fortunately it is now the middle of rainy season, and the wettest month. There is still lots of time for the roads to be repaired before the beginning of the "traditional" tourist season for RVers.

ProudCanuck42
Explorer
Explorer
playaboy wrote:

Roads are in the best shape I have seen in 20 years. Lot of new asphalt everywhere. Lots of new gas stations too.

playaboy wrote:

I am driving to PV from the States. 15D in Sinoloa is TERRIBLE, big potholes everywhere. I shredded a brand new trailer tire yesterday.

????????????????

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I just reserved 2 weeks at our favorite Mazatlan hotel. Availability seems pretty tight despite reserving four months ahead. Prices are up too.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
I am trying.

With the new more MU variant throughout the USA, you better figure it out soon. Or be locked down for a Canadian winter again.

I am driving to PV from the States. 15D in Sinoloa is TERRIBLE, big potholes everywhere. I shredded a brand new trailer tire yesterday.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying.

Talleyho69
Figure it out and get down to your place too!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. You Residentes are rubbing it in!

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
Isla de la Piedra, Mazatlan as always, Octoberish

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
At home in Mexico.

navegator

Same here!
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
At home in Mexico.

navegator

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon and Washington Coast area.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I think I’ll stay home and get a new left hip! ??
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Talleyho69
We plan to spend the winter right here in gorgeous Zihuatanejo, Mexico.

The two RV parks here on Playa la Ropa have a lot of space due to the "regulars" not returning last winter and losing their spaces.

We are just entering our rainiest months and we are already at our annual average for rainfall, so the world will be lush and green for longer than normal.

We just did a quick road trip from here to Uruapan, and the amount of road work being done was huge.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Somehow I plan on being in Mexico. About 6 months ago polls were showing Snowbirds would be heading south. But I think that has changed. Texas and Florida are popular destinations but Seniors are afraid to travel to areas where their health would be at risk
I think the diehards that head to Mexico might return
But Canadian rv'rs still cannot cross the border. What a mess