Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Mobile Suites shock absorbers : See updated post

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 32TK3 Mobile Suites

Shock absorbers: Look like they are Yellow Lippert 177734 that seem to be weak and to be lower quality???. Looking to replace them with Heavy Duty Gas type Bilstein shocks if Bilstein offer them.

Learned not to be cheep on parts. Willing to pay extra to get a good quality shocks. Hoping I am headed in the right direction.

Any suggestions would be of help to me; brand, were to purchase and so on please.

Update Sept 14,2021 Just received the Lippert shock and installed them yesterday.

I purchased the above shocks for a 2010 Mobile Suites 32 TK3. The 5th wheel weighs approximately 12,000 ibs. dry weight and around 15,000 to 16,000 lbs loaded. The Lippert shlock replacement seems to be weak and not the right size for this size of a trailer. At best in my opinion the Lippert 283280 shock seems to be designed for light duty trailer only and will not hold up to this size to an application. If I wasn't pressed for time I would not have installed the Lippert shocks and would have purchased an adapter kit to install much heavier duty Bilstein Shock or higher quality shocks than the Lippert. I feel that I will be very disappointed with the Lippert size and quality of these shocks and will have to replace them very soon.

update Sept 15 2021:   After you put the new Lippert shock on your rig you can't take them back for a refund.  Called Double Tree RV technical services and and they recommended to use the Monroe RV shocks that are a lot better and heavier duty.  My mistake and I am learning the hard way once again.
Chuck
4 REPLIES 4

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
The Nev-R-Lube are just that....never lube, a sealed bearing. There are specs for amount of side play and how to check them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Monroe 555001, they now are black instead of yellow. Just replaced mine from CARiD.

They are US Made

I would buy one bearing and have it on hand. Keep an eye on the back side of the hub, grease will start leaking from the bearing just before failure.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Nev-R-Lube bearings on my 2004 Carriage with around 100,000 miles. I have no problems with mine.

I called Dexter and talked to a tech and was told that to check them jack the tire off the ground and check for excess play in the bearing by grabbing the top of the tire and move it in and out.

If you do remove the brake drum you will need to torque the bearing to 140 ft lbs.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Nev lube canโ€™t be lubed,

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS