cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds that are open all year

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to snowbird, in Florida, this winter for 4 - 6 weeks, depending on the status of COVID.

What I am looking for are campgrounds, along the way, that are open year around.

I have a sister-in-law in the Gettysburg PA / Frederick MD area, that we would like to visit on the way down and back. (I vaguely remember a campground in the Hagerstown area that used to be open all year.)

Maybe another campground in the Carolina's to spend a few days to break up the trip. I realize the further south we go, the easier it should be to find campgrounds open.

My question is, how can I find campgrounds in those areas that are open all year? Is there a website for year around campgrounds?

Does anyone have recommendations? (Thanks in advance !)
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors
6 REPLIES 6

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Ebenezer Park in Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlotte, NC. It is a county park on the Lake. about 70 full hookup sites with a very nice waterfront pier. Very quiet and around $25 a night.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas !!!
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Shenandoah River State Park, in Bentonville, VA, near the northern corner of the state, is open for camping all year. (According to the sign, its full name is the Raymond R. "Andy" Guest, Jr. Shenandoah River State Park, or some permutation of that; it sometimes appears on maps with various shortened names.)

Promised Land State Park in PA also has some camping available all year, or very nearly all year; it's maybe 30 miles east of Scranton.

I've stayed at both a couple times during late fall and winter months. Electricity is available, and water hookups at Shenandoah River SP. I think the water was turned off at Promised Land when I was there (or maybe it was an electric-only loop), but I was using my internal tanks anyhow due to it being snowy and freezing.

A little further south, Claytor Lake SP, SW of Roanoke, VA a bit, has very easy access to and from I-81. Once you get into the Carolinas and Tennessee, a lot of parks are open year-round, as you guessed.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on what you want, if you want quiet and as secluded as you can get. And are travelling I 95 try Medoc Mountain state park It's about 25 miles below the Va/NC state line a few miles off of 95.
Another favorite for us when just passing through is Santee state park on Lake Marion in SC, and this is also just off of I-95

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Jonestown/Hershey KOA just off I-81 is open all year. Others that we sometimes stop at on our January trek south are:

Shenandoah Valley Campground, Mt Jackson, VA off I-81 (not the one in Verona)

Ft Chiswell RV Park, Max Meadows, VA intersection of I-81 and I-77

Carowinds Ft Wilderness Campground, Charlotte, NC off I-77

Little Cedar Creek Campground, Ridgeway, SC off I-77

Jolly Acres RV Park, St George, SC off I-95
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you use the AllStays Camp & RV app, it has a filter for campgrounds that are open year round.