cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C filter

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
About to take off on another trip tomorrow and forgot to order a new filter for our Dometic roof mount A/C unit. Is there something simple I could use for that. Do house furnace filters work if you cut them down? Suggestions?
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)
5 REPLIES 5

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ditto what cave man says. It's not like they have charged ION filters or HEPA filters. It's just for larger particles.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is just a cheap filter material. I just buy a bag of something like this and cut it to fit. https://www.amazon.com/Duck-Replacement-Conditioner-24-Inch-1285234/dp/B002GKC2US/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3I...

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
LVJJJ wrote:
thanks, its old ripped up and only covers part of the intake.

got air purifier filters at hardware stores?

Mine is a pre filter to trap dust/dirt, before going through the actual hepa filters inside.

A hardware store, or a place that sells/services window type ACs, may have the filter material that can be cut to fit. It just needs to be the type that traps, but breathes freely to allow circulation.

Let your phone do the leg work, then run to closest place to pick up.

Jerry

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
thanks, its old ripped up and only covers part of the intake.

got air purifier filters at hardware stores?
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Most house furnace filters would not work. There are similar foam filters used in some household applications. My air purifier foam prefilter would work well, when cut to size.

Is your current filter damaged, or can you just wash/clean, and reuse it?

Jerry