cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Report for 15D

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am almost finished with a 10,000KM road trip from GDL up the west coast to Vegas, So Cal, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, AZ and south again. I would have gone to Kelowna, BC (and spent money)but for the border restrictions in place.

Since this is a Mexico group, here is a road report for HWY 15D

Sonora roads are great.

Once you cross the border into Sinaloa, the roads turn to sh-t all the way to Culiacan. South of Culiacan there were many minor washouts and rough roads, potholes all the way to Mazatlan. I don't know why but Sinaloa is the only State I have been in without road improvements the last couple of years. It appears that the north bound inspection station at the Sinaloa/Sonora border is getting badly needed resurfacing.

From Mazatlan to Tepic there were many new potholes. Crews were out there patching holes

Actually HWY 200 was in pretty good shape from Tepic to PV with only a couple of rough spots.

Now I am spending a couple of days by the pool in PV with friends before I head back home to Lakeside.

It has been a fun trip. The only bummer was all the smoke from the wildfires.
2 REPLIES 2

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....if you're in the San Jose del Cabo to Las Palmas stretch (and, even up the west coast of Baja Sur to Todos Santos and beyond), it may be prudent to find an elevated parking garage if you have a vehicle, and park it up on 2nd elevation (or higher). Looks like Olaf will dump huge quantities of rain in those regions tonight into Friday (maybe as far as La Paz, too).

There is at least 1 elevated 24hr parking garage at Plaza Alamar (in Cabo San Lucas) on Francisco I Madero....2 decks above the street level.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Talleyho69
There is at least one more hurricane on it's way, looks like it will hit further north than Nora did.

Fortunately, it sounds like repairs are already being made!