cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Meatloaf

Cybergrunt
Nomad
Nomad
If you are a fan of meatloaf and travel with a kettle grill (i.e. you're smart & like to eat well), don't be afraid to go after a classic meal of 50/50 beef/pork meatloaf, with Vidalia onionos, green bell peppers, and crushed Ritz crackers. Fire that up over a partially-chocked bed of coals and hardwood chips (mesquite, etc.), and let it go for 90 mins. Goodness, pure goodness.
2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd
7 REPLIES 7

darkmind25
Explorer
Explorer
I miss my grandma's meatloaf.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super_Dave wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
Definitely. Have made it in a cast iron dutch oven and it's definitely a favorite around here.

Try it with some smoke introduced as described by OP. You may never go back.

Already have. Left the lid off the DO to smoke it.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
BBQ'd meat loaf is the best! It's best(in my opinion of course)if you mix it in bowl, then flop it out on a piece of foil. You can tidy it up and smooth it out with a rubber spatula. I use Zatarain's Creole seasoning in mine. The next day, slice a 1" thick piece and sprinkle it with more Zatarain's and fry it in a cast iron skillet........heaven.....
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Definitely. Have made it in a cast iron dutch oven and it's definitely a favorite around here.

Try it with some smoke introduced as described by OP. You may never go back.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Great now I want meatloaf for breakfast.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestion!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad