cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS Settings

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
Installed my TPMS and all sensors seem to be responding. Need to set the upper and lower limits on pressure. My tires require 100 psi. Not sure how much that may increase under driving conditions but was thinking setting upper limit at 120 and lower at 80. Looking for recommendations if these aren’t good.

Thanks!
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4
8 REPLIES 8

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased the GUTA Solar Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Amazon. It has good reviews and was reasonably priced. The 6 sensor version was $210. It was easy to program and seems to be working well so far.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
What TPMS did you get? We are looking at purchasing and installing also.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought mine TST recommended 20% above and 10% below.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ive seen my pressure increase by 25lbs in extreme heat (86 cold and near 110 hot). I have my upper limits at 120.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure your tires are inflated to the correct PSI according to your coach weight. Then check your TPMS readings after driving most of the day and see how much they have increased, assuming they are all consistent. Then I set my TPMS setting 10% above that.
If you travel during the Winter, be sure to check your inflation pressure before you start out for the day.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those numbers will work for starting out, pretty warm in most places still so taking a ride on a hot day will provide a better indication for your high limit threshold. On the low limit side 20 psi might be too much, again you can tailor settings after a few extended rides.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
To me seems high for the upper by a lot. Ours might gain 10 lbs on the high side, but again you have to figure in the out side temp. The low side would be maybe 90. This is your call since its your system. What does your system tell you.

This is the rule that I found works best for us. Pressure and temp .

In general, tires lose or gain 1 PSI (pound per square inch) for every 10? change in temperature. Theoretically, your tires could gain 2 PSI plus over the course of the day if the temperature rises 20?—a real possibility in many parts of the country.

The people who delevoped the tire are the ones to ask the question to. They have already figured this out . My Suv and car gain about 2 to 4 lbs on a 100 + day. They start out at 32 to 35 lbs.
when cold. Have a Nice day.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
sounds fine
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman