cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lasalle dump valves to Valterra

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
So my current trailer has what looks like Lasalle cable type dump valves. I bought electric controls that go on a Valterra valve. Just curious if anyone would know if the middle of the valves could interchange so I don't have to re-manufacture the entire drain system.

My thought is to purchase a Valterra 3" dump valve and remove the 4 bolts holding it together along with the same on the trailer and just change out the middle part leaving the sides in place.

Anyone have any experience at this?
1 REPLY 1

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
So to follow up on the problem. First off the Lasalle valves are also called Baxter. They seem to be pretty popular. The bolt pattern is the same as the Valterra so I don't need to by the different valves. I am installing electric motors to the top of the valve to eliminate the cable.

So far for this installation I only need to grind off a support bump that runs between the bolts on the 3" valve so the motor mount plate can sit flat against the valve.

I pulled the plumbing off the trailer by removing the bolts holding the valves together so I was able to look at it in sections and test the valves and fittings before reinstalling it. I cannot find my plumbers grease for the valve reassembly so I will get it back together tomorrow.

I'm taking some pictures so I will post them when I finish if it all works.