Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got mice try this

Explorer
Explorer
HERE
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.
14 REPLIES 14

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:
Good old fashioned mouse trap some peanut butter & cheese.

Found evidence that we were not alone in a cupboard last night. Set the neck breaker. This morning, one dead mouse.

Easy meal in the tall grass behind us for something.

I store my camper in a shed at home. A hungry cat in the shed is my first line of defense.

The second is a trap like in the post above.( But, I like the type of mouse trap where you just squeeze the back of it to set it and then squeeze it again to release the mouse.)

Those bucket traps like in the video look like a goo third option but, I've never had to use it yet. They look like they would work even better for the occasional RAT that I get here on the farm ! I HATE RATS.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good old fashioned mouse trap some peanut butter & cheese.

Found evidence that we were not alone in a cupboard last night. Set the neck breaker. This morning, one dead mouse.

Easy meal in the tall grass behind us for something.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Keep brush and grass away from your trailer. Ours have been stored on a gravel pad next to our garage for nearly 30 years. No brush or tall grass, or anywhere for mice to hide from preditors. They don't like being out in the open. Never once had a mouse in any of our trailers. Our gargage gets mice all the time. They were even getting the wall of our house which is shared with the garage until I sealed up every crack I could find.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
a good cat works
Mike

^ This ^
We're rural and there are numerous feral cats roaming the area. We put a bowl of dry cat food on a metal-leg table to encourage them to sort of hang around. Mice and skunks can't climb the table legs but the cats have no problem jumping up there.

Plus 3 little bowls of real peppermint oil, bathroom (rear), galley (middle) & bedroom (front). Seems to work good as we haven't had any sign of vermin in the RV since we started using it.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those Black Cat sticky mice traps work very well and fast. The large ones catch more than one at a time. They are flat like a piece of cardboard about 4x7 inches or thereabouts and cheap. I ought to know.

P.S. Mice love liquor store boxes so open before you bring into the RV or house.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
a good cat works

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
jkwilson wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
I made that years ago with just a 5 gallon Lowes bucket and a piece of 2x4. Works like a champ on chipmunks too. I have seen it called the 'bucket-o-death'.

Not a chance in the world you can seal an RV well enough to keep mice out and still keep it moveable.

Ummm, I don't think your answer is in response to my post that you quoted.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
I made that years ago with just a 5 gallon Lowes bucket and a piece of 2x4. Works like a champ on chipmunks too. I have seen it called the 'bucket-o-death'.

Not a chance in the world you can seal an RV well enough to keep mice out and still keep it moveable.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amen
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
Or save a lot of money and plug the holes in your RV.

Adult mice can squeeze through holes no bigger than a dime, fill the gaps between wiring harnesses and plumbing that go through to the outside and you won't be bothered by mice inside.

I don't care how well the holes get sealed. If there are mice, they will get in.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Or save a lot of money and plug the holes in your RV.

Adult mice can squeeze through holes no bigger than a dime, fill the gaps between wiring harnesses and plumbing that go through to the outside and you won't be bothered by mice inside.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
One of the simplest traps is to put a layer of vegetable oil and some bait in the bottom of a large bowl. Place something for mice to crawl up into the bowl. They get covered in oil and can not crawl back out
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Or DIY with the few items sitting around the garage.