Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Quality of new Arctic Fox TC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quality of new Arctic Fox TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/21 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slymer wrote:

VERY good point. Especially on point considering the prices these units are going for. I am waiting for someone to develop a clear spray sealer that you can use annually around all your clearance lights, etc. Would be so much easier than replacing caulking.

You have hit on a one of my pet peeves. There are 3/4" diameter holes behind my clearance lights so wires and wire nuts could be pushed through. There was no attempt to seal the holes. Instead the entire fixture needs to have caulk around it. Nonsense. There should be a 1/8" hole with two wires that connect to a sealed fixture.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting about the clearance lights leaking on so many brands. I’ve wondered lately why my Host and current Hosts don’t have front clearance lights, or are able to get by without them.

Since it seems to be cause of most front delaminations, or water seepage on Bigfoots, etc. I think it is worth the effort to proactively fill the large holes if you have a TC with front clearance lights, especially.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/21 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your camper does not have them, you truck should so you are legal based on width. Camper manufacturers targeting the SRW market need something in place to keep lighting in compliance but not those selling to the DRW owners.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 11:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

If your camper does not have them, you truck should so you are legal based on width. Camper manufacturers targeting the SRW market need something in place to keep lighting in compliance but not those selling to the DRW owners.

Of course, my F450 has marker lights on the cab. Bedlam, does your newer Host have clearance lights. I just looked at Host website a while ago. The pictures I noticed didn’t have any.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, mine is a 2018 delivered in 2017 and I have not seen any Host's with center markers up front. They do have the ones in the rear.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quality of new Arctic Fox TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.