cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kingstar Camino 88 - Any Input

KTMCampr
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to potentially pull the trigger on a new truck camper and i really like the floorplans and features of the Kingstar Camino 88. Any forum members seen one in the flesh or even better yet own one? From what I can tell the construction seems solid, weight reasonable and their horse trailers are written up well. Negatives as I see it would be unknown long term history and build quality and price (40K+ equipped).

I would be pairing it with a newer F350 SRW truck with a long bed. Also considering the Northern Lite & Bigfoot campers as they are for sure proven but they are even pricier and I really like the floor-plans of the Camino.
10 REPLIES 10

KTMCampr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Iโ€™m sure a good deal of it has to do with inflation and demand. Didnโ€™t want to sound like I was knocking them just an observation. They probably have some additional features as well included with the price jump.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
KTMCampr wrote:
They get written up very well for sure it also looks like their prices have gone up with popularity. Last year roughly 22K according to a few articles I have read and now 33K base.

More likely the jump in cost of materials is why the prices went up so much. Once they sell all the units made with the materials purchased when prices were high, the price may come down. Though if sales do not seem to be hurt by the higher prices, they may not come down.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

KTMCampr
Explorer
Explorer
They get written up very well for sure it also looks like their prices have gone up with popularity. Last year roughly 22K according to a few articles I have read and now 33K base.

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Here's a link to a review by Truck Camper Adventure.Kingstar

I saw this unit at the Truck Camper Adventure rally in Quartzite, AZ.
This camper pacts a lot of stuff in it and the quality is on the high end.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
KTMCampr wrote:
Agreed they just seem really pricey for a wood framed camper when equipped with all the features one would want. I want to like them more than either a Northern Lite/BigFoot type camper but they are really close in price and they have proven construction with the fiberglass shells.

Northern Lite/Bigfoot have had their share of issues/failures.

KTMCampr
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed they just seem really pricey for a wood framed camper when equipped with all the features one would want. I want to like them more than either a Northern Lite/BigFoot type camper but they are really close in price and they have proven construction with the fiberglass shells.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looked at the website and that appears to ba a nice line of campers with some nice features.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those not familiar with the brand, you can read more on the Kingstar Camino 88 here:
https://kingstar.net/truck-campers
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
jimh425 wrote:
Sorry, never heard of it.

Me neither. But looked them up. They look like very nice campers all around. The interior styling is a good selling point. Not your typical looks like your grandmas kitchenโ€ฆ.
Hard to not support a (presumably) new company from da UP, eh?
Built by Yoopers!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry, never heard of it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member