cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35 ft 5th wheel toy hauler

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions on a short and well built toy hauler. Going into our 3rd year of fulltime travel I feel the need for some amenities. Lol hubby doesn't like big units. But I want a washer dryer and also room to store kayaks and bikes and invest in a razor. Also I want room for my kids and grandkids when they visited instead of spending the time so crowded that eventually people get a little testy. Lol Trying to find some units I can show hubby. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
7 REPLIES 7

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
nayther wrote:
washer/drier in a 35' is a tall order as well.

Nayther is right this is a big limiting factor. You will most likely have to go with a trail type of SxS.

here's a few
Grand Design 320g

Grand Design 328m

Grand Design 328g

Carbon 338

I don't know of many more new ones out there. Good luck!

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
washer/drier in a 35' is a tall order as well.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Tri-cities,WA no because that would leave us without a vehicle to drive. On our journeys we have seen quite a few people with motorhomes pull a travel trailer!! Figured they have LG families. Seen alot of the class B pulling travel trailers also. But not for us.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

Y-Guy
IMHO finding what you want in 35' is going to be a tall order. Even the Grand Design Momentum line all start at over 40' - I'd start there and since you already have a GD rig. Personally I drool over the living room setup in the Momentum 376THS, but would prefer a king bed.

Would you consider changing it up and going the route of a motorhome with trailer?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We do not have a home base. If we did I would go much smaller because we would only go out for a month then back home. But we r not ready to deal with a home yet. This is too much freedom and not much stress.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

dedmiston
Fulltiming with the RZR might be tough. We've camped for months at a time in our fiver with a dedicated garage, but that was without our Can Am. Ours is a big one though.

If you still have a home base and can choose to take or leave the RZR, then you should be OK, especially if you stay in one place long enough to unload the RZR and leave it outside.

As far as which units, that's tough to say. Everyone is different and sometimes you luck into a model that you fall in love with. We found ours at a show and hadn't ever heard of the brand. The dealer was tired of dragging it around and it was overpriced for what it was. The logistics guy who never wanted to see it again told us the price that he knew they'd part with it for, so we picked our jaws off the ground and bought it right then.

These were different times though, when dealers and shows actually had inventory. I'd start looking at floor plans online and see what calls out to you.

Good luck and have fun with it.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
To get a living space anywhere close to your current rig, you will need to be north of 40ft probably closer to 45ft.

As full timers, it would get old having to load and unload the garage every stop to gain the garage back as living space.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV