cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voltage Dump Valve Replacement

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am looking to replace the manual pulls for the gray and black tanks with electrically operated valves. I need to know the size of the 2 existing valves so I can order the correct size replacements.

The trailer is a 2015 Voltage 3200.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike
15 REPLIES 15

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I assume your valves are hidden inside the belly and not visible. I would open it up and look to confirm the sizes. My rig is from a different manufacturer
than yours, but both valves on mine are 3". I recently replaced the pull cables on mine.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
I have manual on our ATC. I find using the valve lubricant by Thetford makes a big difference on both valves. Also, no coffee grounds in the grey tank keep it working better as well.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Durb wrote:
Interesting in that I have electric dump valves and would prefer manual valves. I belong to a forum where all the trailers have electric valves and some have switched to manual. I hope they have improved their reliability since mine were installed.

Funny, was just thinking how I'd like electric too. The cables were routed poorly on mine (imagine that) and are hard to pull/push, just waiting for the day one fails. Speaking of that need to do some PM on these.

My valves were made by Wastemaster and are now thirteen years old. I spent numerous times laying on my back with a 1/8" hex key to operate them manually (not in the best conditions). I found the rocker switches were weak and kept too much voltage from the valves. I replaced the switches and offered up more voltage from a lithium battery. This, and consistent tank cleaning protocols have them working 100% of the time recently. They are nice when they work.

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
Durb wrote:
Interesting in that I have electric dump valves and would prefer manual valves. I belong to a forum where all the trailers have electric valves and some have switched to manual. I hope they have improved their reliability since mine were installed.

Funny, was just thinking how I'd like electric too. The cables were routed poorly on mine (imagine that) and are hard to pull/push, just waiting for the day one fails. Speaking of that need to do some PM on these.

Mine have become less reliable. I put on a Twist On valve when it was new just in case. Itโ€™s paid for itself many times over.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Durb
Explorer
Explorer

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
rjr6150 wrote:
35 years Colorado Master Plumber. I can assure you the valves are 3โ€ & 1.5โ€. Sad when individuals donโ€™t know the correct answer they just throw something out there.

Ditto. LOL

Also worth noting, The valve sizes are an RV industry standard, they aren't specific to a Voltage, or different sizes on various other RV.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, I got under the trailer, removed the covering and located the 2 main dump valves. The 2 valves are the same size, that being 3" and about 18" apart. both dumping into the main 3" pipe. I also have a 1.5" pipe coming from a rear gray tank that is only used for the kitchen sink and that valve is working. RV tech will be replacing the current 3" valves with electrically operated 3" valves next week.
USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

rjr6150
Explorer
Explorer
35 years Colorado Master Plumber. I can assure you the valves are 3โ€ & 1.5โ€. Sad when individuals donโ€™t know the correct answer they just throw something out there.
Randy & Kathy
2016 F350 CC SWB 6.7 Platinum with a few mods
08 F350 CC SWB Lariat 6.4 PSD
Pull Rite Superglide 18K
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Try to buy 2" and 4".

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Go measure yourself, then you will know.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
The black valves are 3" and all gray are 1.5"
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the replies, but one of you has to be right and the other wrong or maybe a combination. Have either of you actually done the valve replacement on a voltage?
USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Black = 3" / grey = 1.5".