cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 volt DC Kuerig Mini

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I am the only coffee drinker in my family and usually only two cups a day, both early morning before DW wakes up. Also during quiet times in parks.

Read here about one guy who converted a Kuerig and removed the heating element, just boiled water poured into reservoir and ran pump. Neat if you have power to run pump.

My daughter somehow came up with a couple of Kuerig Mini's that didn't work well. In looking at he inner workings of the Mini, I discovered that the motor for the hot water pump is 12VDC, so I took one and stripped everything out except for the pump that pumped the hot water from the heat chamber to the pod holder, rerouted the intake tube from the heater to the reservoir. Now I heat water on the stove and pour it into the reservoir and push the on/off button and my cup fills with hot coffee without 120 VAC.

So depending on how many are having coffee, I can perc a pot or run the Kuerig.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
6 REPLIES 6

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry cad wrote:
rexlion wrote:
You'd think it was beer or something... 😄

Better!! I can drive while drinking my coffee!

:B

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
You'd think it was beer or something... 😄

Better!! I can drive while drinking my coffee!

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
It's a nice feeling when you can take a malfunctioning appliance and convert it to usefulness again. Good for you!

But, yep, 50 ways coming up next... 😉 Folks love talking about their coffee brewing methods almost as much as they love drinking it. You'd think it was beer or something... 😄
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
One posted, 49 to go.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
The Myjo coffe maker is a way to make Kuerig coffe if you have a way to heat the water. Very simple gadget. No electric required.

MyjO
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Get ready for 50 ways to make coffee.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman