cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote duel fuel 2500 watt generator?

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any lightweight quiet generators like this out there. I am not sure what I am looking for. I have a small Honda 1500 watt now just wondering.
I actually would like something I could install in a 30 ft fiver garage.
21 REPLIES 21

oliverstark
Explorer
Explorer
Duke-44 wrote:
Are there any lightweight quiet generators like this out there. I am not sure what I am looking for. I have a small Honda 1500 watt now just wondering.

Hi,with a dual-fuel generator, you can get the benefits and flexibility of using either fuel source for your power.

James_William
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
laknox wrote:
Generally, you won't find remote-start gennys < 3k watts. Personally, I can't think of a single one < 3k with remote start.

Lyle

While one may exist, I can't think of any either.

Kind of why I mentioned the Champ 3500 above. Plus, if using the propane feature, you may need the added watts to run the AC.

Jerry

Hi, It was hard to choose, but we think the Champion Power Equipment 76533 is the overall best dual-fuel generator on the market. It offers a huge amount of power and a pair of 30-amp outlets for powering any tools or RVs, plus itโ€™s loaded with ease of use features like an electric start. There are plenty of other dual-fuel generators worth your consideration, though.

vidotchis
Explorer
Explorer
I am using champion power 2000 and it is the quietest generator I have ever used, maybe there can be more but this is really suitable for me.

Explorer II
Explorer II
BigfootBill wrote:
2112 wrote:
I have to go back to the generator to disable it or it will drain the start battery down.

Have you tried replacing the battery? I leave mine turned on several days at a time and it has no problem starting when I press the button on the remote.
I have not. That battery lasted about 2 years. I replaced it maybe 6 months ago. I'll try it again out of the truck. I'll run it for about 20 minutes in the driveway, let it set for 9 hours with switches on and then see if it'll start.

Regardless, I'm not going to trust it starting after 9 hours while we're overnight boondocking. That made for a difficult morning before my morning coffee. I had to unhitch the FW, unstrap the genny to move it enough to clear the pull cord, start it (that was the easy part) and put it all back together.

Something I did discover is the generator charges the small AGM battery to 13.8V max. The old battery went to 13.8V almost immediately and stayed there whereas the new one slowly ramps to 13.8V but the charger doesn't go any higher. That seems to be a bit low and slow for an AGM charger to me. I guess that's fine for long run times but we run it maybe 30 minutes at a time. I'm thinking I don't run it long enough to adequately recharge between starts.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Westinghouse 4500 - We purchased one of these this summer to run our AC when it was hot out on a trip out west. Bought the duel fuel because that was all that was available, I would have preferred to save $100 and go gas only as I doubt I'll ever run off of propane (too thirsty). I've put ~50hrs or so on it and am very happy with it. It is 100lb so it's not light, but was easier than I expected to get in and out of the truck. If you look on-line there's a mod discussed to disable the incandescent "ready" light so that you can leave it in the 'ready' position waiting for you to use the remote starter without draining the battery; I did this.

Overall haven't got a lot of use on the Westinghouse yet, but I'm very happy with it.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

BigfootBill
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
I have to go back to the generator to disable it or it will drain the start battery down.

Have you tried replacing the battery? I leave mine turned on several days at a time and it has no problem starting when I press the button on the remote.
2008 Ram 3500
2004 Bigfoot 10.11

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Duke-44 wrote:

Best place to ask = visit the Tech Issues Forum (here). Everything generator is usually there.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
in5r wrote:
I don't know of any size Champion dual fuel generator with a remote start, electric start yes. Most of these need to be shut off at the valve on the cylinder, then on the generator itself. It will continue running if shut off on the generator only.

You are correct. I was just going through the Q&A on a Champion genny dual fuel, and they said that none of their DF gennys have remote start. They =do= have electric start, just not remote.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know of any size Champion dual fuel generator with a remote start, electric start yes. Most of these need to be shut off at the valve on the cylinder, then on the generator itself. It will continue running if shut off on the generator only.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for your comments. There is a an igen Westinghouse 4500DF that is both duel fuel and remote start/stop for around $1100. Has anyone used this one?

Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll share my experience with the remote on my Champion 3400W inverter generator. It's a joke!

Sure, I can start and stop it remotely. First I have to go to the generator to enable it to start. Why not just start it? When I turn it off with the remote I have to go back to the generator to disable it or it will drain the start battery down. Why not just turn it off while I'm there?

I bought it so we can run it just before bed time. Hop in bed, turn it off from bed and call it a night. The start battery is dead the next morning. Then it's very difficult to start using the pull cord while the generator is in my truck bed between the cab and the FW hitch. YMMV
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
laknox wrote:
Generally, you won't find remote-start gennys < 3k watts. Personally, I can't think of a single one < 3k with remote start.

Lyle

While one may exist, I can't think of any either.

Kind of why I mentioned the Champ 3500 above. Plus, if using the propane feature, you may need the added watts to run the AC.

Jerry

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is soft start which has a good rep and supposedly lets a 2.3K run the a/c. But the dual fuel plus remote start combo does not exist so far as I know in that size range.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member