Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Mexico and South America: Border
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does fully vaccinated really mean? So you have had the two shots, does that mean you are fully vaccinated for only 3 to 6 months? It has been stated that after 3 months most Covid vaccines begin to lose their effectiveness. After 6 months its time for another one. With a 99 percent survival rate why is everyone freaking out about Covid. Now are we expected to get vaccinated every 6 months till we eventially die?

Come on people, think, what is really going on here?

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to the Drs. and scientists, not people in an rv forum,the efficacy does decrease over time. I have seen 6 or 8 months as a possibility. A booster shot would probably be required. These professionals think that an annual shot may be required. If that is what it takes to stay healthy what is the big deal. We get an annual flu shot. Being as this is a Forum on Rv ing in Mexico this chart shows mortality rates.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

This thread will probably be closed. The Mod is probably getting g a lot of posts that have to be deleted.

* This post was edited 09/26/21 09:37am by moisheh *

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a link to some interesting data and facts about Covid.
Covid Cribsheet....

It's interesting to look at the mortality rates (all deaths) - one chart goes back to 1943 - the other chart goes back to 1900. So far Covid has not produced the spike in death rates one would assume.
For whatever reason many people all over the world accept a very controlled narrative and actually embrace restrictions and forced vaccinations. No doubt there will be folks in this forum attacking the information in the above link.

Look at the comments in this forum - practically every thread discusses Covid implications rather than Recreational Vehicles in Mexico. I suspect there are wonderful opportunities to travel in Mexico now - but an irrational neurosis that makes people unduly fearful and too willing to submit to restrictions.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pictures speak a thousand words. Maybe all those that are rving in Mexico could post some of those great rv parks they are currently staying in, boondocking spots, beach shots, and great roads they are traveling.

That might motivate people to come on down!

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a great idea!!!!

The two RV parks, full service that are here on Playa la Ropa in Zihuatanejo, Mexico have NO reservations for this winter. This is a great opportunity to stay in a location that normally has no vacancies other than a night or two here and there.

The border closings are RV related, because if the borders are closed, the Canadians can't enter the US from Canada. I don't know if they are allowed free passage from Mexico back to Canada, but suspect that they are since Alaskans were allowed to cross Canada while their border was closed. I research this topic very regularly and can't get an answer.

Let's get back to Rving in Mexico, not why we can't RV in Mexico.

Even circus RV pictures would be great, I'll look through what we have.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No,Canadians cannot cross from Mexico to the USA. There have been a few isolated crossings but a call to CBP will get you a definite no. I even had a supervisor tell that if you are turned away it is noted in their records and could make further crossing difficult. Sounded like bs to me but who knows.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still have a Mike & Terry Church guide published in 2000. Before that Sanborns had a pamphlet. Most of the RV parks they listed 20 plus years ago are probably closed now. Are there any guide books for camping in Mexico present times?

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not that I know of, however, I'm more than willing to work with everyone to try to set one up.

I suspect that if you are a searcher, you can find something almost anywhere. Along with being willing to stop at a secure place, be it a Pemex, or a hotel or something else interesting.

Again, more than willing to help set up a list of known places! Having Spanish, or at least some, is a tremendous help.

I always thought that my Spanish was decent, and we worked for the state of California designing the English tests for non English speakers until the last 10 years. Now that we are here, and doing remodeling, having surgery and all those things, we are learning so much more. Both of us have learned SO much from DuoLingo, a free, basic Spanish course, and are realizing that we will never be fully bilingual, as hard as we try. And we will try every day forever!

The biggest plus??? A big smile and the willingness to try.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find that iOverlander's website with map offers boondocking and free RV friendly parking data updated by overlanders hourly/daily. But use caution: I only put stock in reviews for overnight spots that were posted less than 1 to 2 months previous to my departure. Anything older, and the situation may have changed. I checked all our local iOverlander boondocking/camping locals within about 20 miles of us (about 14 locales), and they all appear to be valid and correct as of today.

I found a list of what seems to be most of the RV shipping to the US from Quebec (quite a few also offer flight service from Montreal / St Hubert Airport to towns right across the border from Quebec), where you can retrieve your RV to travel further south in the US, or, all the way to Mexico. A few of the largest companies (like KMC Laval Inc) appear to be booked already, and are showing openings only in mid November. This was put together by Mario Lefebvre on September 9th:

Snowbird Transportation companies in Quebec:

AIM Sorel 514-654-3397
Auto Transit St-Eustache 450-974-7900
BMA St-Eustache 450-473-4325 / 877-800-4445
Bob Québec 418-651-6600 (RV shipping to USA)
Boisvert Drummond 819-801-1067 and 514-400-9489
Champion AutoSport Montreal 514-334-1414 (and moto)
Denis Corbeil Mirabel 450-258-0772 (roulottes)
Duo-Caroma St-Jérôme 514-979-0035 ou 514-825-3546 (all types RVs)
Élégance Montreal-Québec 514-645-8840 Florida 954-289-7602
Entreprise Clément Lavoie - Coaticook, Quebec 819-849-6374
Fly and Ride Drummond 819-818-1564 (and moto)
Gamino Blainville (514) 265-4784 (and animals and packages)
Hollywood (Mtl+Qc) 514-617-5490 / 819-951-0208
KMC Laval 514-267-4865 (RVsand boats and air services to US)
Laberge - Transports from: Montreal and Lévis and Mt St-Grégoire and Saguenay, Quebec 800-360-4336
Larouche Québec 418-622-0607
MA (Martine Allard) Montréal 514-236-5299
MF Cote St-Eustache 514-231-7044
Service North/South RV 514-591-0368 (RV transport to USA)
St-Hyacinthe RV Florida 450-774-3133 (RV and boat and auto and Air Service)
Snowbirds Québec 581-745-7928 (RV shipping and Air service to US)
Tracy 450-784-2202 (moto)
VR -Gatineau 819-617-0606
W Cyr -St-Jérôme 450-432-2277 (moto)

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

...can someone in Ontario, in Alberta and in BC also put together comprehensive lists of RV shipping companies with cross-border flights to retrieve your RV ?

....there is absolutely no reason based on science and virology that could be used to close ground borders to fully-vaccinated Mexicans inbound by road from Mexico with legal authority to drive across, and, for that matter fully-vaccinated Canadians wanting to drive into the US (and further, into Mexico). ZERO reason at this juncture. The US is technically breaking the rules of reciprocity now with its immediate neighbors; the US has gone rogue.

Canada opened their land borders to inbound US citizens, now lets get the US side opened, both on the Mexico frontier, and Canada.

* This post was edited 09/28/21 07:03am by silversand *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.