cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Mirrors Don’t Work!

MrWilsonSL
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I just acquired a 2006 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager model 8388 on a Workhorse chassis with a 8.1 vortec. The power mirrors don’t move and appear to have no power to the switch. I’ve checked all fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash and found no blown fuses. Just thought I would ask before I dig even deeper in case someone has run into the same issue and can advise me on a fix. TIA!
7 REPLIES 7

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My mirrors are powered via the module in the driver's door. I had to replace the wires through the hinge portion. If yours has this module and the window works, there is problems in the module.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Fuse F-9
It is on with the power window.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

MrWilsonSL
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
My mirror fuse is in the battery control center

Do you recall which fuse it was or the amp rating? The diagram inside the cover doesn’t mention mirrors as I recall.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Had an intermittent problem with my mirrors also. Turned out to be the aux power solenoid in the electric bay. Can be had at almost any auto parts store.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My mirror fuse is in the battery control center

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
ON my WH chassis there is a small fuse panel under the dash left side that is difficult to find and check. It is put on a holder that will allow you to reach up and slide it off to change a fuse. other than that you almost have to stand on your head to access it.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wish I could help but when I blew the fuse on my Workhorse I never did find it. And I checked every fuse I could find.

I finally put in an alternative power feed to the switch. Took it off a handy "AUX" circuit (One that was live with the key in the ACCESSORY position) and ran it through a marker light (The old fashion incandescent type) so that if anything went "Strange" the light would come on.. It never came on.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times