cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for a new propane regulator

1Longbow
Explorer
Explorer
We need a new propane regulator for a dual tank set up, any suggestions for a brand? Thank you
9 REPLIES 9

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Another (cheaper) source for the Cavanagh
cavanagh
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™m not sure what our brand is, but it works foine. Are you wanting a dual or single/ We usually only have one tank open at any point in time. That way, we have a tank in reserve. Yes, a bit of a pain to flpi the switch, but it rarely happens.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the Camco dual tank auto change over off Amazon on our trailer for quite a while and it's been reliable.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW, I have had bad luck with Camco regulators -- I've had two and they both made a whining noise. The first one developed a slow leak. The second one seems to work ok so far, except for the whine.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Cavagna. Amazon has it.

Yes they do...for twice the price it was awhile back. Good luck finding anything other than a Camco for under $65.00. From what I see almost everything is out of stock.

Can't wait for the supply chain to catch up.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
wing_zealot wrote:
Marshall

x 40hundred

Marshal Excelsior if a well know name brand, not some unknown "Amazon" brand shipped from who knows where.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Cavagna. Amazon has it.

X2
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II