cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackstone 22"

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recently purchased a 36" with lid and love it so much that we got a 22" traveler for camping, Model 1891. When putting the traveler together the lid handle is basically impossible to install. The screw hole is right next to a strip of metal in the hood that is at a 90 degree angle along the entire inside front of the lid.. There is no room for the head of the screw for the handle. Instructions mention grommets but none came with it and the detailed parts list doesn't show grommets. To me it seems as if the holes are drilled in the wrong position. Am I missing something?
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
4 REPLIES 4

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
The holes in mine a drill right next to the metal piece, no room for the head of the screw.

I sent a note to them yesterday. I had a problem on my 36" and they are sending me a new shelf for that one. The shelf is on backorder but they sent me some really neat items since I have to wait for the shelf.

If they send me a new lid I will just drill new holes in the current one so I can use it. If they won't, I will still drill holes. Next camping trip isn't until the end of October so I have some time.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I now see what you are talking about.. Here is a pic of my lid and that strip of metal you talk about.

Mine just barely clears, but enough that I didn't even notice it when I installed it.

They must have drilled your handle holes "just off enough" to interfere with that bar, which I don't know what it's used for, other than maybe added structure for the lid??

I'll bet you can call them and get a new lid for your unit.. How long that will take is up to them, but yeah... That sucks for sure!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Call Blackstone. They have great support.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi. I just got the Blackstone 22" with the lid and I didn't have any trouble with the handle screws. One hole was just a round hole, the other one was oval shaped so it had some room to screw it in.

But, overall very straight forward and the thing cooks awesome! Going to ditch the old BBQ grill for sure!

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.