cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Switch to Direct TV

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not trying to see which is better. We have Dish now but for us Cleveland sports fans Dish no longer carries Baseball or Basketball. My Tailgater is not working correctly so I'm going to replace it and was thinking of changing to Direct. Was wondering what their camping setup was like. Thanks for any info.
6 REPLIES 6

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The continued "gamesmanship" of Direct and Dish with networks is irritating.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
RAllison wrote:
I'm not trying to see which is better. We have Dish now but for us Cleveland sports fans Dish no longer carries Baseball or Basketball. My Tailgater is not working correctly so I'm going to replace it and was thinking of changing to Direct. Was wondering what their camping setup was like. Thanks for any info.

You cannot receive ANY HD programming from DirecTV with ANY kind of dome. DirecTV and an open face antenna (tripod or roof mounted Winegard Trav'ler) is required for HD.

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dutch thats good to know.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dish is in the process of finalizing a deal with Sinclair that will include bringing back the Bally sports channels. Don't be in a big rush to switch carriers yet...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My setup is a tripod and Slimline dish.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Direct will no longer sell/rent you a standard definition dome. You will need a HD dome or dish and receiver. You will find them much more expensive than Dish. Dish is $5 per month.