cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used class a

timn
Explorer
Explorer
So I have been researching class a dps and I am thinking more about a early 2000 to mid 2000 year models. I want around a 36 footer with independent front end. I don't like where most homes have the tv, up front would hurt my wife and my necks. I want one with a diesel motor with plenty of hp. Also want want one with a fiberglass roof. Solar would be nice we boondock mostly. Any one care comment on a model and brand. With keeping my budget price around 59000$ anyone hav any suggestions thanks. I have been looking at the Winnebagojourney 36 footer.
4 REPLIES 4

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I traded an 2017 Thor product for a 2007 Itasic Meridian 36 DP. The Meridian is brother from different mother to the journey.

As for the tv thing, I could be wrong but the years you are looking at that was the style. Ours is up front and really its not a neck breaker as my wife all so has neck problems and has never made a comment about the location of the tv.

Our Meridian has the cat c7 350, its not a big diesel but it does get me where I want to go. We traveled all over the canyons this past may. UT, AZ, CO pulling a KIA on tow dolly with no problem it handled all climbs very well.

The Meridian as do other Winnebago products has the fiberglass roof. They do require maintenance just like everything RV.

Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
2000 to 2004 Newmar products.

timn wrote:
So I have been researching class a dps and I am thinking more about a early 2000 to mid 2000 year models. I want around a 36 footer with independent front end. I don't like where most homes have the tv, up front would hurt my wife and my necks. I want one with a diesel motor with plenty of hp. Also want want one with a fiberglass roof. Solar would be nice we boondock mostly. Any one care comment on a model and brand. With keeping my budget price around 59000$ anyone hav any suggestions thanks. I have been looking at the Winnebagojourney 36 footer.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
I was just going to suggest the Winnebago Journey. I don't think you'll find anything better for the year, or the money.

Our 2003 Journey was 100% (yes, 100%) trouble-free. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
you had plenty sent to you in the hundreds and a lot of them are still there. Only you can make the choice.