cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pairing honda eu generator problem

Teeton
Explorer
Explorer
Got 2 honda eu2200 generators. When i pair them and plug in my camper (120v) to the 30amp serve it blows the camper main fuse. Now one eu2200 has 2 ,, 20 amp outlets and the other has 1,,20 amp outlet and one 30 amp outlet. Now im using a adapter to go from the 30 amp service to the 30 amp service on the camper. If i take the camper wire and plug it into the other generator with the two 20 amp outlets alls good. Yes the left and right cables and grounds are hooked up right.
17 REPLIES 17

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
is the 30 amp adapter being plugged in to the generator the proper direction it should only be able to be pluged in one direction unless its forced?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:

Try just that generator with the RV 30 to twist lock 30 then with the RV 30 to 20. Report back.

Concur !

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
2oldman wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
No? That's interesting
You can pair darn near anything in the Honda line.

Ok, but why then the โ€˜companionโ€™??

The Companion model has a twist lock 30 amp (and BTW, there is nor fuse/breaker protecting it ! ๐Ÿ˜ž ). IMHO, this was a very silly thing for Honda to do, A TT-30 outlet would be more useful.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
I think it's because it has the 30a outlet. But I've never paid that close attention, so it's a bit of a guess. They want to sell you hardware you really don't need...if you can do your own.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
First thing I would check would be the 30 amp adapter since it works when you plug the camper in to the 20 (15) amp receptacle. That is if you have a multimeter.

For now I would just use the fridge and water heater on propane so you don't need to pull as much through the smaller outlet.

For the record I have two EU2000i generators, no campanion.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you plug into the companion generator (with the 30 or 20A receptacle), but without the generators paralleled, does that work?

Try just that generator with the RV 30 to twist lock 30 then with the RV 30 to 20. Report back.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this a Honda paralell kit? Honda companions have a 30 amp twist lock receptacle.
Early kits had a separate box for the 30 amp receptacles, later the EU2000 companion has the 30 amp twist lock.
What type of shore power cable does the rig have?
Something could be miss wired.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
No? That's interesting

3 tons

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
No? That's interesting

Teeton
Explorer
Explorer
First poor cell to no cell at camp ground. So my response time will be poor cuz I have to leave the campground. With the other 4000 old generator or just plugging it into a 20 amp house outlet with adapter it works fine. Alls off in camper. Yes its popping a breaker. I have adapter that goes into the 30 amp outlet that brings it down to a standard 20-amp plug plugging into that in pops. Pupping it into the othe generator with the 2 20amp outlets it work fine. I see nothing on the companion adapter cords to lock them in

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
measure the voltage at the adapter's TT30 before you plug in the RV.

Also make sure you don't have too much turned on
Water heater
A/C
Microwave are all big load items. have ALL of them off. Turn their breakers off
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
You need on EU2200i (companion) and one EU2200 don't you?
No

No? That's interesting
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
You need on EU2200i (companion) and one EU2200 don't you?
No

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Turn off all brnch breakers, then try it!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker