cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded camper have a couple questions

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a KV Durango 5th wheel yesterday. My first 5er and my first 50amp unit. My current unit is a 30amp TT. When prepping for a trip I usually plug it to standard house current to run the fridge and lights while loading. What adapter(s) would you suggest to do the same with this 50amp unit. Also I have a Progressive industries emp for the 30 and I am going to buy one for the 50 as well. I had one person say keep the 30 for cases when your sight may not have 50 amp current available. Well I hadn't considered that. Was planning on selling the 30. Thoughts??
5 REPLIES 5

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sell the thirty and buy the Hughes.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
1. a 15 amp to 50 amp adapter. ON AMAZON
2. sell the 30 amp Progressive. The 50 amp will protect you under all conditions.
3. (question not asked) get a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter too. ON AMAZON

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would see if the fridge is hard wired in. Many have a 15 amp plug on the cord. If so you can just use a 12 gauge extension cord, plug in only the fridge. Use battery for lights.

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
Sell the 30 buy the 50 and use an adapter to plug into the 30 a pedestal and connect 50a Progressive into adapter.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well!

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Sell the 30 buy the 50 and use an adapter to plug into the 30 a pedestal and connect 50a Progressive into adapter.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie