cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Fabric Repair

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
My awning had a relatively minor argument with a tree and was scraped. The damage is through the black but not all the way through the fabric.

Is there a black repair tape or some other product to put on the damaged area?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
7 REPLIES 7

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Unobtanium wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
There is a clear repair tape available.

Camo awning repair tape.

XFasten awning repair tape

Those work well. What works better is to replace the black fabric with a lighter color such as sand from Toughtop. I sure would like to meet the idiot who came up with the idea that a black awning fabric is a good idea. It's like sitting under radiant heaters when the sun is beating on it.

Toughtop Awnings are excellent. I went with the light grey abd it worked well.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:

Camo awning repair tape.

Those work well. What works better is to replace the black fabric with a lighter color such as sand from Toughtop. I sure would like to meet the idiot who came up with the idea that a black awning fabric is a good idea. It's like sitting under radiant heaters when the sun is beating on it.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer

Camo awning repair tape.

edd210
Explorer
Explorer
Flex seal is a rubberized coating. You can buy it at most hardware stores. Easy to apply.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
wgriswold wrote:
Thanks for reply. What is black flex seal?

Google it. Flex Seal is available in black.

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
edd210 wrote:
Hello
Scraped my Awning while it was rolled up. If this is the case I coated it with black flex seal right up to the track on the trailer.
It is flexible and works fine. I would not try to coat any unexposed area when it is rolled up.

Thanks for reply. What is black flex seal?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

edd210
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
Scraped my Awning while it was rolled up. If this is the case I coated it with black flex seal right up to the track on the trailer.
It is flexible and works fine. I would not try to coat any unexposed area when it is rolled up.