cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wireless provider??

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We’ve had Verizon for years. 2 iPhones and we are full time rv’ers so we use lots of data. I know Verizon is more expensive than some others. Just wondered which providers are good. We have unlimited data and use hotspot too. Watching T-Mobile ads I’m wondering if we should explore changing
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
14 REPLIES 14

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been happy with the T mobile 55+ for several years, but it seems that since the merger the reception at my home has gotten worse; calls breaking up and such.
Google Fi has an interesting concept. As you drive around the phone can jump back and forth from two or maybe all three networks as needed, but it requires a special phone from them. Might give it a try.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Coverage quality varies all over the country for the carriers. My advice is to choose carrier based on coverage quality in the areas you will be using the phone.

In our area and the places we travel to Verizon has better coverage than ATT. Our truck has ATT and many places we get coverage with Verizon but not ATT. And in some places we get ATT coverage and no Verizon. Between the two we usually get coverage in most places with more than a few houses.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jdc1 wrote:
bgum wrote:
Visible unlimited everything phone can be used as a Hotspot can be as little as $25 total per month. Is a division of Verizon so it has same coverage.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if they have plans for 5g?

Visible (Verizon) 5G is included in the price so long as you use a compatible phone.

I'm getting 115-140 Mbps download speeds with my iPhone 4G. BTW, it's quite easy to get the $25. month unlimited everything rate on Visible.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
There really are only 3 networks. Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. The remnants of Sprint will be dismantled by the end of 2022.

There are dozens and dozens Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO), that offer many different discounts. I use Ting which rides on Verizon or T-Mobile. Not the best data rates.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
They all suck. Personal phone and OTR mobile hot spot, both on AT&T. Verizon work phone. One day one works and the other fails. Next day, switches. Have yet to go someplace where they both don't work.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Visible does have 5G for some of their phones.

Check them out here: https://www.visible.com/
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
Visible unlimited everything phone can be used as a Hotspot can be as little as $25 total per month. Is a division of Verizon so it has same coverage.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if they have plans for 5g?

bgum
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
T-Mobile works well for us and we save some money.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Two answers one is more serious
1 Verizon used to claim the best network. However today the T-Mobile and AT&T coverage maps are downright close to the same as Verizions. Still there are a few spots on the map that only one company covers.

That's the 2nd answer: If you live in one of those places... You have no choice.

Now: Personally. I've something against Verizion or one of it's parts

I use and am very happy with T-mobile 55+ plan
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Just switched to T-Mobile 55+ plan. So far no real issues. For $90 a month we have two phones/lines and 40g data, but really unlimited as after 40 get throttled so they say.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
We had T-Mobile . . . Just switched off them. Calls never went through half the time. Text messages to family never went through. Had to try like 5 or 6 times to get one to go through. This was in Massachusetts with 2 bars on display.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
I would have one of each V and T
Or combine them and add a wedge of lime snd some ice. :B

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would have one of each V and T
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.