cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic not working on ac

ekim17mr
Explorer
Explorer
My 2652 dometic fridge stopped working on ac I'v checked both fuses they are good
- 120v at fridge plug
- 120v at J5 on board (ac in )
-120 v at J7 J8 (ac element connections )
- 44 ohms at heater element
works great on propane but when set to auto the check light comes on with the propane shut off.What am I missing?
2002 F-350 v-10 supercab 2001 90FWS Adventurer camper
Ride-rite air bags Rancho 9000x

4 REPLIES 4

ekim17mr
Explorer
Explorer
thank you everyone for all your help I disconnected both ac /dc for a day then connected back up and it started working again so I don't know what's going on. Again thank you all!!!
2002 F-350 v-10 supercab 2001 90FWS Adventurer camper
Ride-rite air bags Rancho 9000x

jrloucks
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to the diagnostic service manual which may be of help:

https://fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Check light will come on regardless of AC or NO AC if at any time the refer tried to light on LP. And it did not light. BUT with a check light, the refer should still work on AC if the AC system is operating.
Now, On AC check for 120 volts at the board on the 2 wires coming from the Heat element. IF you have 120 volts, then the Heat element is bad regardless of OHM reading. IF NO 120 volts, odds are the board is bad, if you have 120 volts on the 120 input to the board. Do you have a year model for the refer or RV? What color is the epoxy the resistors and circuits on the control board? Cream colored or Greenish colored? Doug

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
That doesn't make much sense. The Check Light will only light when there is no AC and the burner does not light. Sounds like your board is bad.
Also if you do have 120V on the element and it is not open (44ohms) it should be ice cold. Does the chimney fell hot. Is so your element is working and it should be cooling
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic