cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aqua Hot 450D troubleshooting cool air zone 2 (front)

_Marc
Explorer
Explorer
Allegro Bus 45LP 2014 Aqua hot 450D

Aqua Hot cool air zone 2 (front)

1- All light are green
2- Plastic container at right level of anti-freeze when hot or cold.
3- Tap the check valve
4- Pump is working I can it hear running.
5- Check line zone 1 and zone 2 both hot from the check valve to Pump
6-Check both line after the pump and up pass the aqua hot housing both hot.(Note:Maybe the zone 1 'line is a tiny bit hotter than line 2)
7- Check all the line for king or leak (nothing found)
8- try to push antifreeze thru the system with a manual pump kit It worked but overfill plastic container.
8- Left it run for about one hour

I did # 8 thinking that I have a airlock and also did unscrew the top valve to let air out.

This is where I am not 100% sure how to get rid of an air lock (or pressurize the system). What would be the exact procedure step by step ?

What Am I missing? , everything seems to work fine but still no heat zone 2 (front)
Marc & Josée
Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
450 HP Cummins ISL
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
#Marc wrote:
Yes tap it when cold and hot. No luck.

I am clueless about what could be the problem????

I taught I could save myself a trip to the dealer.

Clueless? Did you READ my post and do the things I asked and when you do, respond back with the answers. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
#Marc wrote:

So are all the pumps running when you touch them.

_Marc
Explorer
Explorer

Marc & Josée
Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
450 HP Cummins ISL

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
C20 wrote:
Trainer is the man on these. He hooked me up last winter.

Yes, and his post did not ask questions. The OP has also not responded to questions. Doug

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Trainer is the man on these. He hooked me up last winter.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have 3 pumps. It is very hard to "hear" a pump running. I usually put my hand on the pump to feel if it is running. I also feel the return lines coming in the top of the Aqua Hot and the lines should be as hot as the lines coming out of the pumps. I am not sure from your post if you did that. IF the return lines are all hot, then the coolant IS flowing thru the radiators. Do the radiator muffin fans come on? Are you using the Diesel burner to get the tank hot? Doug

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
The 450D is run by an electronic control board, no clear relays.

The 450D has a 5 gallon coolant tank where the older heaters you mention have a 16 gallon coolant tank.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Does this have the clear cube relays like the older model? If so pull them and reseat them. They sometimes get loose.

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Using your manual pump, attach the return pipe for that zone to the intake of pump. Attach output of pump to return fitting on rear of tank. Turn on manual pump and Aqua Hot zone pump. That should purge air in heating loop.

I have done this when installing a new heater in a Alegro Bus whose owner allowed the fresh water loop to freeze and split necessitating the new heater.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
#3 that you are tapping is the check valve cold right, if so rap it harder, they can get stuck. Post back.

I assume that you took the cover off to tap the valve while the unit is running.