cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trailer saved the day

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
My better half was dying her hair and had just gotten the shower to the perfect temperature to rinse the dye out when the water just stopped! She quickly threw on a few towels and scurried out to the trailer where I was working and asked if we had water. I told her about 1/3 tank, plenty to shower with. I fired up the hot water heater with both gas and electric and about 4 minutes later had water warm enough to be comfortable. She got the dye out but unfortunately the delays caused her to suffer a minor chemical burn to her eyebrows and scalp but I shudder to think what would have happened if we hadn't had the trailer!
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH
10 REPLIES 10

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We used the kitchen in the trailer while the one in our house was being remodeled.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

goodwishy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm happy for you. Dyeing can be very dangerous sometimes. I also had similar experience some years ago when one of our neighbour dyed her hair and the water finished. Thank God my black series travel trailer had enough water it would have been another story now

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Skibane wrote:
wnjj wrote:
If youโ€™re desperate for water, the toilet tanks are a good emergency source.

And flushing works great for hair rinsing.

I stayed in a lodge at Togwotee Pass on a snowmobiling trip where they said to minimize water use because of a supply issue. I put shampoo in my hair and got completely ready before turning on the shower only to hear a giant sucking sound. The toilet tank water saved the day.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
wnjj wrote:

And flushing works great for hair rinsing.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
More than once, ours has been a lifeboat when the A/C went out in the summer. It has also been a guest room when grandkids stay over and we need sleeping space.

Yeah, our AC decided to die at 17 years last summer during the second Covid wave. We all retreated to the trailer while the AC company came out and installed the replacement.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
More than once, ours has been a lifeboat when the A/C went out in the summer. It has also been a guest room when grandkids stay over and we need sleeping space.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
oh.. dyeing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
We keep several 1 gallon jugs of distilled/spring water water on hand for making coffee/etc and emergency situations. That way there is no waiting.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

it's fantastic when we can keep our RV's at home with us.... There have been many times when we lost power for a day or 3 and we just lived in the Fifth Wheel with the Genny running..

Heck, my daughter got married this past June, her and ALL of the bridesmades, 2 hair people, 2 makeup people, and mom in law all came to our house at 9AM..

No fear, I had the RV fired up, satellite TV on and stayed there till picture time ! ๐Ÿ™‚
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet