cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good or bad battery parameters?

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
These are the default Renogy Wanderer pre-set numbers..Are any of them harmful to, especially a sealed or Lithium battery as I am having issues trying to get user mode to take..Everytime I "read" and "set" the parameters it does not change but says successful..

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04
2 REPLIES 2

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it is the first two parameters that I don't understand at 15 and 16 volts compared to: Battleborn suggest the following settings,

Over Voltage Disconnect 14.7 V
Charging Limit Voltage 14.6 V
Over Voltage Reconnect 14.6 V
Equalize Charging Voltage shut off or 14.4 V
Boost Charging Voltage 14.6 V
Float Charging Voltage 13.6 V
Boost Reconnect 13.3 V
Low Voltage Reconnect 10
Under Voltage Warning Reconnect Voltage 11.5
Under Voltage Warning 11.5
Low Voltage Disconnect 11.0
Discharging Limit Voltage 10.5
Equalize Duration 0 or set as low as possible
Boost Duration 180 minutes

I have been running my AGM(sealed) off of the solar through the controller and will be using Lifepo4 here shortly and don't want to fry it not knowing much about co0ntroller settings..I have the USER numbers but just can't get them to take yet even though "read" and "set" show successful it changes back to default....LOL
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Likely not good for GEL batteries but you are highly unlikely to have GEL batteries. The rest look within range... Gel's are the cats of the battery world. Very finicky eaters. The problem is at least one company markets AGM's as "Gel" AGM's are the "Goats" of the battery world (Not the least bit finicky).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times