cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home - Waste Dump

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
I’m having my sewer clean out moved out from underneath our home. I want to be able to dump the RV in it. What size line should we use, 3” or 4”?
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox
20 REPLIES 20

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lakejumper wrote:
Thank you everyone! Great feedback! We’re using the existing pipe diameter.

Good call and another "Happy Ending" on RV.NET :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone! Great feedback! We’re using the existing pipe diameter.
Lakejumper

2012 Chevy Equinox

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
pitch wrote:
Code will dictate the proper size.

OP is using an existing clean out under the house and will be extending it outside. If the clean out pipe size is 3" you sure don't want to increase it to 4" and if it's 4" you sure don't want to decrease it to 3".

So as I said before whatever size it is that is the size pipe that needs to be used.

So let's say the existing clean out is 3" and current code says 4". What do you suggest the OP does then???

OP, extend what is there and be happy!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Code will dictate the proper size.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Where I used to live, there was a 3 inch clean out and 3 inch terra cotta pipe. Clean out was under the trailer 4 feet from the trailer connection. I connected straight to it with some 3 inch adapters and it worked fine.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our in town house has a clean out at the property line right into the city sewer. I don't know what size it is but my DP drain hose screws right in to it. Built that house 5-6 years ago and have used it ever since.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
More important than the pipe size is the slope. To flat, it all will lay in pipe. Too steep, and the liquid will leave the solids to lay in pipe, dry out, and start clog.
And make sure the pipe is supported to hold the weight of a full pipe, so the slope does not change.
Same flow volume, same slope, the smaller pipe will have a deeper stream, less likely for floaters to bottom out. This gets to be important because most waste tanks drain out the side. The last few inches drains progressively slower.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
3” is more than enough for a RV dump.

Bottom line pipe it the size of the clean out.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The sewer line from our cottage to the septic system is 4" PVC running right behind the RV pad. I had the contractor install a 4" sanitary 'T' and riser with a 4" cleanout cap where it's convenient to connect the stinky slinky when he installed the new system.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dick_B wrote:
I'm thinking the plumber would decide that but I think ours is at least four inches; probably more like 6.

If you plan to use it both as a Sewer clean out and RV dump go with the size of the sewer line.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the quick responses. I’m connected to city sewer and already have a “y” connector under the house in the Crawlspace. We are extending the cleanout through a vent cover. We decided to use a 4” cap. I already have a Flojet macerator and also want to be able to use the 3” hose if needed. I think that we have it covered.
Lakejumper

2012 Chevy Equinox

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
buy a macerator and just send it down the toilet. or a 2 inch line will work for the hose.

I "sent it down the toilet" and smelled up the house. Never again.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed a 3" line for my macerator and it works fine.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
buy a macerator and just send it down the toilet. or a 2 inch line will work for the hose.

Flojet Macerator