cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Still searching for info

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have asked this question on a couple or three RV sites as well as well Newmar NIRVC and still have no answer.
My 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 (handicap model) has a living room slide that will not go out. Tough on a person on a handicap scooter to get around in that narrow space. Was told 'check the fuse'.
I cannot find the fuse location to even check this possibility.
Newgle site on Newmar is no help.

Could some of you folks tell me please? Or, perhaps have an idea what is causing this if not a fuse?
There is no effort or anything that suggest the slide is getting power. I have searched and find nothing that looks close being a DC fuse.

any input would help Thanks
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
4 REPLIES 4

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Is your slide hydraulic or electric? If electric check the connections, in whatever compartment. We had problems fora while with the little spade wold slip off the connector. Finally replaced the spade connector.
Never had a problem with the breaker but check it.
If that is nto the problem then it might be the motor. Easily replaced but hard to get as they do not or did not for our mfg many spares. Factory called the mfg and got them to expedite producing one, still took two weeks

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not a Newmar but my DP has switches on each of the storage compartments under the slide that will not let the slide work if they are not closed TIGHT. They sometimes get out of adjustment enough that the slide won't work.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't say for sure on a Motor Home but most RVs will have a converter/shore power panel.

That panel contains 120V breakers for the shore power and fuses for the 12V "house" portion of your RV.

Now, sadly in most RVs that converter/shore power panel will be typically mounted near the floor level which would be an unfortunate thing for a wheel chair bound person..

Alternately for slides, it is possible that the fuses may be located near the house batteries instead of being connected to the shore power panel.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Can you not call Newmar? I would think a tech could tell you what to look for or perhaps you may need to find a service center. We had a slide motor blow apart once and had to replace it.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/