cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Tires

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Winnebago and am looking to replace tires. CUrrently the tires are Michelin 235 80 R22.5 Having problems finding the same tire, and would consider another brand. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

paulfinaz
Explorer
Explorer
My Firestone FS561's were manufactured the 19th week of 2017 and they are on a low milage Class A. After reading the materials on the Firestone website (the Data Book), I didn't find any information about recommended replacement due to age. They have an enhanced casing warranty until 6.5 years after mfg so that may be a clue. Weather/ozone cracking after 4 years from date of tire manufacture, regardless of date of purchase is not covered. Normal warranty is 6 years. I'm hoping that these are a 10 year tire. No visible ozone aging. Does anyone have the recommended replacement schedule for these tires? Thanks

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Just put Firestone FS561โ€™s on this year so far very pleased with them.
They replaced 10 year old Samsonโ€™s that were a great tire.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
...I buy any tire other than a Michelin, but that's just me...

Same here, over rated and way over priced. Check cracking issues.
2014 American Eagle

C20
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I have now areAL22. Not sure about rhe ones on the itasca.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Firestone FS561. All position tire used on many trucks. Toyo didn't have the size I needed and I couldn't take any wider on rear due to body clearance when aired down. Nice ride so far at about 1500 milesTANDD
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
C20 wrote:
Iโ€™ve bought two sets of Hankooks and liked them better than the Michelinโ€™s they replaced.

AH11? AH35?
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced the original Goodyears with Toyos last month.
Very happy with them. I also had a set of Borg Dually Valve stems
installed at the same time. I would highly recommend them.
No more dealing with crimped or leaking extensions.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
When I redid mine I went to Belle Tire here in Michigan and we decided on Toyo's

Now the thing with Toyo's is they don't have the tread life (in miles) of a Michelin, but on an RV... You never wear out the tread so what does it matter (They age out first).

I also ordered up a set of Duly Valves and had them installed at tire change
If you have duals on the rear I strongly and I mean STRONGLY recommend you do likewise.

May I ask what Belle Tire in Michigan did you go to??? Any Belle Tire I've been to say they don't deal with 22.5's.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
kemer wrote:
I have a 2014 Winnebago and am looking to replace tires. CUrrently the tires are Michelin 235 80 R22.5 Having problems finding the same tire, and would consider another brand. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Doesn't have to be the identical tire just the same size. Last ones we bought were Michalein 285x55x22.5 "Steer Axle Tires" on all positions. They have a center groove for tracking and a decoupling? grove around both edges. Not cheap but tires, I don't remember on the rear but front or steer ties took i/4 ounce on one wheel and no weight at all, none, on the other wheel. Coach rode a whole lot better with more flexible sidewalls. Most for semis are rock hard on much much lighter Motor Home.
Goodyear G670s have longer lives but stiffer and o decoupling groove, if you have had a problem with Rivering.

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve bought two sets of Hankooks and liked them better than the Michelinโ€™s they replaced.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Bruce_Brown
I buy any tire other than a Michelin, but that's just me.

Currently we're riding on Bridgestones.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
My Toyos have 60,000 miles on them. Lots of tread left--but they age out in spring of 2022.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I redid mine I went to Belle Tire here in Michigan and we decided on Toyo's

Now the thing with Toyo's is they don't have the tread life (in miles) of a Michelin, but on an RV... You never wear out the tread so what does it matter (They age out first).

I also ordered up a set of Duly Valves and had them installed at tire change
If you have duals on the rear I strongly and I mean STRONGLY recommend you do likewise.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
I went Toyo this time, Michelin hasn't done anything but let me down with their garbage product.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP