cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Palomino Maverick 2910 roof question

ognend
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! What are the roofs on the 2013 Palomino Mavericks (2910 model) made of? Are they the dreaded laminated luan/foam RV style roofs that cannot be repaired if leaks occur? The only information I can find on these models is the story from Truck Camper Magazine that says these models were "fully welded aluminum frame campers", which to means the roof has aluminum cross members (a good thing). Thanks! (Saw one for sale for a very good price but noticed a small bubble on the roof - just curious...)
--
2021 Chevrolet 3500 DRW Cab&Chassis crew cab 4x4 6.6L gas with 9ft4" flatbed
2013 Palomino HS-2910 Max truck camper
2007 Double D all steel 2-horse bumper pull trailer
4 REPLIES 4

brainpause
Explorer
Explorer
ognend wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
Slice the bubble. Squeeze in some glue. Add weight. Let dry. Top with Eternabond tape.

Thanks. I am going to buy it as a project to repair. I went back there this morning and inserted a moisture meter in the ceiling, it is registering > 50% so it means an active leak. The owner allowed me to strip the ceiling cover in one spot and I got lucky, there is aluminum cross members in the roof - which means you can replace sections of luan and foam insulation if you wanted to since you would have somewhere to attach the new replacement stuff. But yeah, if you (can) find the leak and fix it, I think a good drying off period + epoxy/glue and a new patch on top and it should be good to go. Otherwise the camper appears to be in great shape. Owner is older and quite heavy so I think he may not have been on the roof often or at all.

What brand of moisture meter do you recommend? It sounds like people favor the ones that don't have pins

vwsportbug
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there. Just saw your note about your roof. Good to hear that they have an aluminum frame up there. I have a 2013 Maverick 2902 so very similar camper. One issue I'm having as I prepare to winterize my camper this season (the first time I've had to do it), I can't seem to find the low point drains. I see the water heater bypass valves, the fresh water drain valve, the water pump bypass so you can pump antifreeze through the system, etc. BUT I can't locate the low point drains for the HOT/COLD water system.

There looks like one capped pipe behind the left rear wing (in the area where the sewer dump pipe is located). But there is only the one. I want to make sure I get everything drained.

Have you located them on your 2910?
VeeDub
2006 Carriage Cameo LXI F35FD3
2006 Ford F350 Dually

ognend
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Slice the bubble. Squeeze in some glue. Add weight. Let dry. Top with Eternabond tape.

Thanks. I am going to buy it as a project to repair. I went back there this morning and inserted a moisture meter in the ceiling, it is registering > 50% so it means an active leak. The owner allowed me to strip the ceiling cover in one spot and I got lucky, there is aluminum cross members in the roof - which means you can replace sections of luan and foam insulation if you wanted to since you would have somewhere to attach the new replacement stuff. But yeah, if you (can) find the leak and fix it, I think a good drying off period + epoxy/glue and a new patch on top and it should be good to go. Otherwise the camper appears to be in great shape. Owner is older and quite heavy so I think he may not have been on the roof often or at all.
--
2021 Chevrolet 3500 DRW Cab&Chassis crew cab 4x4 6.6L gas with 9ft4" flatbed
2013 Palomino HS-2910 Max truck camper
2007 Double D all steel 2-horse bumper pull trailer

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II