cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Problem

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 6V golf cart batteries in my 5er. Batteries are old and due to be replaced. When I checked the water level, the level was a little low but it was obvious one of the batteries has cooked the water and overflowed. Can I assume this simply means the batteries need replaced? Or could it mean the converter is faulty? Electrical is not my strong part. Any help would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
A deep cycle group 31 battery will have 120 -130 amp hours which is probably 60% of 2 golf cart batteries BUT most AGMs are dual purpose with only 100 AH so 50% is correct.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I traced down the case on my Costco group 78 cranking battery and it turns out to be a Johnson Controls. It is 11% heavier than comparatively priced Mexican Costco batteries with double the guarantee.

May I suggest you check the amp hours and weight and post it? Some GC220s are 10% fewer amp hours than others.

Gottahaveit
Costco carries Interstate Golf Cart Batteries. Pretty good price as well.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
jgrimes,

What Boon Docker said.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
jgrimes wrote:
Thx for the help on the converter. I am replacing my 2 6 volt golf cart batteries. Apparently new ones are hard to find. Local guys has group 31 AGM batteries available. Be says one AGM group 31 will give me the same capacity as two 6 volt batteries. Does this sound right?

No, one GR 31 will give you 1/2 the amount of amp hours compared to 2 GC2 batteries.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for the help on the converter. I am replacing my 2 6 volt golf cart batteries. Apparently new ones are hard to find. Local guys has group 31 AGM batteries available. Be says one AGM group 31 will give me the same capacity as two 6 volt batteries. Does this sound right?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
No problem at all.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

sparkydave
Explorer
Explorer
jgrimes wrote:
I have ordered the Progressive Dynamics Model PD9260-cv. My trailer operates on 50 amps. I now see the converter is 60 amps. Will this be a problem? Ordered it on Amazon.

The 60 amps refers to the current it can deliver on the 12 volt DC side. Not the same thing as the 50 amp shore power connection on the AC side.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
I have ordered the Progressive Dynamics Model PD9260-cv. My trailer operates on 50 amps. I now see the converter is 60 amps. Will this be a problem? Ordered it on Amazon.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not a wonderful converter. Consider an upgrade.
Regards, Don

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
It's a WFCO Model WF8930/50. It's in my 2014 Solitude.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
jgrimes, what is the make and model of the converter?
Regards, Don